Is this specs good for gaming

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
AMD Athlon II X3 450 , Asus MotherBoard - M4A78LT-M LE,3gb ddr3 ram and 1gb 9500gt ... i chose this mobo coz it has hybrid crossfire x which also enables onboard graphics with my discrete card so i can get higher frame rates my doubt is whether i can use this system config for 3yrs and if required i will upgrade the ram and graph card ..i think this will be cheap than intel dual core e5700 and asus mobo and 3gb ram

Solution
Hey I did not mean to say that those games won't be playable. I simply got the impression from your first post that you have just chosen the components and not bought them yet. Anyways, as unanimously said by all others, you need to get a better video card. Something like a cheap HD 5670 will be good. And upgrade to a better monitor soon. 1024 x 768 is fast disappearing as an option from many games.
At that resolution, the games will get CPU dependent for the majority of the part. And needless to say that your CPU is not the best gaming CPU available. I'd be tempted to even recommend an outdated C2D rig here as those chips can be overclocked heavily. What is your max budget for the rig?

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
i dont want to upgrade my cpu after hearing ur ideas i found that if i upgrade i want to buy a proper system for which i have to wait a year ..can i do any tweaks to make those games playable at the res above without damaging my cpu

Hey I did not mean to say that those games won't be playable. I simply got the impression from your first post that you have just chosen the components and not bought them yet. Anyways, as unanimously said by all others, you need to get a better video card. Something like a cheap HD 5670 will be good. And upgrade to a better monitor soon. 1024 x 768 is fast disappearing as an option from many games.

Solution