Sign in with
Your question

LAG Issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 10, 2009 7:14:14 AM

Hi guys,

i have a core2duo 2.8 E7400 with a 3GB ram and a 9500GT nvidia Gcard

resently i have noticed that games like farcry2,borderland, bio shock, wolfenstien ( All of which are downloaded) the FPS falls to below or as low as 3 during game play and lags for ard 30 odd sec and then comes back to normal .. if i lower the graphic setting to a min it works fine .. but considering that my spec is above game requirements and dont see why i need to do so .. so is there an issue with the Gcard ??? or the downloads ??? i have done the basic but removing adware and spyware and removed unnecessary programs but the issue is still the same ..

Pls help ..

More about : lag issue

December 10, 2009 7:23:14 AM

Hi guys,

i have a core2duo 2.8 E7400 with a 3GB ram and a 9500GT nvidia Gcard

resently i have noticed that games like farcry2,borderland, bio shock, wolfenstien ( All of which are downloaded) the FPS falls to below or as low as 3 during game play and lags for ard 30 odd sec and then comes back to normal .. if i lower the graphic setting to a min it works fine .. but considering that my spec is above game requirements and dont see why i need to do so .. so is there an issue with the Gcard ??? or the downloads ??? i have done the basic but removing adware and spyware and removed unnecessary programs but the issue is still the same ..

Pls help ..
December 10, 2009 7:41:07 AM

The reason ure games are running slow is because ure graphics card is a budget card with fairly limited graphics processing capabilities. Borderlands and farcry 2 are heavy games that need at least a 9600gt or a 4770 to play at decent frames, with medium settings. Upgrade ure card to something with more power and your problem will be solved. Ure processor and ram are mother than enough.
Related resources
December 10, 2009 8:00:05 AM

Quote:
The reason ure games are running slow is because ure graphics card is a budget card with fairly limited graphics processing capabilities. Borderlands and farcry 2 are heavy games that need at least a 9600gt or a 4770 to play at decent frames, with medium settings. Upgrade ure card to something with more power and your problem will be solved. Ure processor and ram are mother than enough.

thanks raider ..
December 10, 2009 8:18:29 AM

hey u cant play farcry2 in a maxed out settings with a 9500gt..I myself own a 4890 and get an avg. in game frame rate around 40 with all settings at their highest.(DX10,0AA,1280x1024) .Remember one 4890==five 9500gt in terms of raw power.. :non: 

December 10, 2009 9:39:49 AM

so now which Gcard do u suggest ???? i just gt this one like a couple of months ago .. will change it maybe a bit later .. hv a intel motherboard.. also hving same issues with bio shock, wolfenstien ... i played batman and dead space and hey worked fine ..
a b Î Nvidia
December 10, 2009 10:25:51 AM

Quote:
A 9500GT is junk, even a 9600GT is junk. Why would you buy that for gaming with newer games???

Getting the latest drivers might help.

I'd suggest a 4770, anything faster will be bottlenecked by your cpu.

Ewiz has them for $94 shipped.

I really despair sometimes "I'd suggest a 4770, anything faster will be bottlenecked by your cpu" :pfff: 

Mactronix
December 10, 2009 2:11:52 PM

You could also try lower resolutions, try turning of AA, and using medium or low textures. Your monitor works best at its native resolutions instead of "dumbing it down" forcing it to display at lower resolutions.

Bottom line, the 9500 GT wasn't designed for the games you are playing. Why play those games with all the eye candy turned off? All those 3D artists and level designers cringe at the thought of those games being played with its best features turned off. Repeat, bottom line, you need a better GPU. Sell your old card and upgrade.
a b Î Nvidia
December 10, 2009 3:06:00 PM

Quote:
It's true, shake your head all you want.

Why dont you explain to me then why the Crysis benchmarks on this review http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&number=6&ar... that is testing the differance between the cache levels on a E7400 and a E8600 seems to have a GPU bottleneck on both CPU's when running a GTX 285 which last time i checked was just a tad quicker than a 4770 ?

Mactronix
December 10, 2009 3:30:05 PM

mactronix is right i have a 9400 gt runs cryis on medium frames on my core 2 duo e 6700 on medium setings why change to 4770 ?
December 10, 2009 5:57:52 PM

man .. im so bummed .. so which graphic card do u suggest in nvdia .. i hv no clue abt ATI .. i really had looked up review before getting this one but i guess i did look deeper .. well *** happens i guess ..... thanks anyways
a c 168 Î Nvidia
December 10, 2009 6:29:56 PM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • LAG Issue
    a b Î Nvidia
    December 10, 2009 6:52:00 PM

Mousemonkey said:
    This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • LAG Issue

• ????

Mactronix
    a b Î Nvidia
    December 10, 2009 6:58:57 PM

@ joymanavath

We really need to know some more system specs. Monitor size and resolution you play at and what type of quality settings you are looking for. Make and model of power supply would help as well.
    I'm guessing when you say your hardware is above requirements you mean minimum requirements ? If so then its worth knowing for future games purchases that the Min spec really is just that. Its about the minimum it takes to get the game displayed on the screen, its quite rare to get playable frame rates using minimum or close to hardware.

Mactronix
    a c 168 Î Nvidia
    December 10, 2009 7:19:53 PM

mactronix said:
    ????

Mactronix

The OP started two threads and both got replies, I just forgot to delete my actioned post.
    December 11, 2009 3:05:18 AM

mactronix said:
    @ joymanavath

We really need to know some more system specs. Monitor size and resolution you play at and what type of quality settings you are looking for. Make and model of power supply would help as well.
    I'm guessing when you say your hardware is above requirements you mean minimum requirements ? If so then its worth knowing for future games purchases that the Min spec really is just that. Its about the minimum it takes to get the game displayed on the screen, its quite rare to get playable frame rates using minimum or close to hardware.

Mactronix

1)Specs: - core2duo 2.8 E7400(Intel) with a 3GB ram .. Gigabyte Motherboard G31 .. hav a 19" (1380 * 960) thats the max res i get

2) I'm guessing when you say your hardware is above requirements you mean minimum requirements ? ( while looking at the games min requirements it always says 6600 or 7200 or 8800 or higher, does'nt the 9500GT a better Gcard??? apart from that other system requirements like processor and ram all seems good for now and future games )

3) what would be the ideal definition for overclocking or bottle neck??
    December 11, 2009 3:08:24 AM

so guys i assume 4890 or 4770 is a winner ???? but its i bit steep for my budget .. something within 100$ should be good ..
    any Nvidia G cards suggestions ???
    should i be looking for a 8 series .. heard the 8800 was really good ...
    December 11, 2009 10:30:09 AM

Mactronix its (1360 * 768) screen resolution .......
    December 11, 2009 11:08:27 AM

@zipzoomflyhigh .. thanks .. was talking abt the 4890 being $$
    @Mactronix ..thanks for the update !

Last question is the 9600 or 9800 anybetter .....
    a b Î Nvidia
    December 11, 2009 12:20:37 PM

Quote:
    What's the matter buddy? Cat got your tongue about the cpu bottleneck? Or did you just realize that your, say, ........WRONG.

Not at all i just decided to help the OP instead of bothering to try and educate you is all. I posted a link by a profesional site that 100% proved you are wrong and you posted a link from a GPU review that had no bearing on what a E7400 can and cant power. The AMD CPU in the link you sent is roughly the same as a E5200.

Mactronix
    a b Î Nvidia
    December 11, 2009 12:29:35 PM

joymanavath said:
    @zipzoomflyhigh .. thanks .. was talking abt the 4890 being $$
    @Mactronix ..thanks for the update !

Last question is the 9600 or 9800 anybetter .....

Here is a review of the 4770 it is a good spread of differant cards/resolutions and games. Should help you pick but please do be sure your power supply is up to powering which ever card you do choose.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Powercolor/HD_4770_P...

Mactronix
    a b Î Nvidia
    December 11, 2009 2:04:10 PM

Are you even on the same planet as the rest of us. Your statement said that anything above a 4770 would be bottle necked by a E7400. You were WRONG. Such blanket statements are at best Ignorant and misleading.

1. All your link showed was that a low end AMD chip is slower than an i7 :ouch:  major surprise....i think not :pfff:  Oh and totally irrelevant to how a E7400 would cope.

2. My link disproved your stupid blanket statement that a E7400 would bottleneck anything above a 4770 by virtue of the fact that it showed at least one game where it couldn't possibly be the case and then you yourself provide links proving that its not in fact a one off but that there are other games out there that make a mockery of your statement.

3. The fact that the card is a good match for what the OP is looking for has again I'm afraid totally no relevance to your flawed assertion that a E7400 will bottleneck anything better than the 4770.

As to this "I guess your one of those people that just cant admit it when he's wrong." Pot kettle black i think.

Just about every step up the CPU ladder will give a FPS boost when using a decent GPU in most cases aside from the usual exceptions. I think this is where you are going wrong my friend. This is called a restriction and every PC has at least one. Its like a rolling roadblock, update this part then that part is the restriction and so on and so on. There are so many variations that go into the why's and wherefores of system restriction that the best you can hope for is as balanced a system as possable that is capable of playable frame rates before you reach what ever the restriction in your system is.

Mactronix
    a b Î Nvidia
    December 12, 2009 6:50:47 AM

Dont even think to try and tell me what im thinking :non: 
    You plainly know you are wrong making the statement you did and are now trying to hide it with bluster.
    You dont even know what you posted yourself [:mousemonkey:5]
    So know you say you said this.
    "I didn't say a E7400 would bottleneck a 4770. I said any 2.8ghz or slower dual core clearly bottlenecks a 4770 in non-gpu limited games."
    Guess what, you didnt say that at all you never even mentioned non-gpu limited games.
    " I'd suggest a 4770, anything faster will be bottlenecked by your cpu " Thats what you posted, go check if you want. Guess what, the OP has a E7400 so you did say a E7400 would bottleneck anything faster than a 4770. Dude EPIC FAIL.

Im not saying Toms is wrong im saying the link has got nothing to do with an E7400 bottlenecking or not anything over a 4770. You may as well have posted a phone review or a car review for all the relevance what you posted has to the point in question. :pfff: 

I already took the time to explain to you where you are going wrong, read it again and you should see, but then again maybe not as you obviously didnt get it first time [:lectrocrew:1]

@ joymanavath

I really am very sorry about this i hope we have been of help and i did try and let it lie and concentrate on helping you. However some people seem more interested in picking arguments.

Again sorry

Mactronix
    December 12, 2009 7:18:54 AM

hey .. no issue .. will be looking at the 4770 soon, coz i just gt the 9500 a few months back .. but for the time being .. issued has been resloved, i reinstalled the Gcard drivers and updated it via website ... working smoothly :) 

Thank you guys .. all the info was helpfull !!

Cheers !!!
    December 13, 2009 2:03:18 PM

Quote:
    Dude, get real, what are you playing at 1024x768 on medium with no AA/AF? You might as well play on a Nintendo 64. LOL

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/powercolor-5870-lcs...

You can clearly see that even two 4890's or a single 5870 are unplayable in Crysis at 2560x1600 on high with AA.

Quote:
    While the SLI Radeon HD 4890 cards delivered faster framerates, the Radeon HD 5870 also provided a smooth gaming experience at 2560x1600 with anti-aliasing applied and the highest image-quality settings selected. The only game that suffered unplayable performance on either setup was Crysis, which showed that neither solution was acceptable.

man i do run it on 1024*768 res but who said i got AA/AF enabled idc abt them as long as im runnin crysis on medium .:p 
    a b Î Nvidia
    December 14, 2009 5:21:28 PM

Quote:
    Like I said, everythigng I wrote was word for word from Tom's Hardware. Why are you still arguing with me? Please go tell TH they are an epic fail. Why are you here then if you think TH is epic fail??
    Keep telling people their 2.8ghz dual cores will maximize a 5870. The more you talk, the dumber you sound. LOL

Whats your problem ? I keep telling you and everyone who reads this can see that what you are posting and saying has nothing to do with your stupid claim that you probably made by mistake on the spur of the moment and are now not a big enough person to admit you were wrong.
    Fact 1
    You said a E7400 would bottleneck anything above a HD 4770, you keep trying to twist it but its there for all to see.
    Fact 2
    I posted a link to a profesional review that showed you to be in error and you even posted links that helped prove yourself wrong.
    Fact 3
    You posted a Toms Hardware review link that is totally and completly not relevant and can in no way be considered to be backing up what you said.
    All the link you posted showed was that a very fast Intel chip will give more FPS for a given card than a low end AMD chip.

Last fact.

You have two choices now.
    1. Actually post a link that shows that a E7400 will in fact bottleneck every card above a HD 4770. Thats a E7400 ok ? Not a low end AMD chip from a graphics review. Your claim was that a E7400 would bottleneck every thing above a HD4770. So you need to post a link that includes a E7400 ok ?
    2. Just admit you were wrong or stop harrassing me about it or i will report you. I tried to let it lie but you insist in needling me about it and making false twisted posts about what you say i have said.
    Im only replying as i feel strongly about you twisting what i have said and making false claims without being able to back it up.

Mactronix
    October 13, 2010 4:20:54 AM

Best answer selected by joymanavath.
    !