Remove 2nd operating system

September 17, 2004 11:40:28 AM

After instaling XP Home on my exchanged computer I found
2 operating systemes on it.This computer has no Flopy
drive.There is no Remove XP in ad or remove
programes.There must be a simple way for a fool like me
to get rid of it.

Errol
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 12:53:34 AM

"Errol Verner" <erris@tpg.com.au> wrote:

>After instaling XP Home on my exchanged computer I found
>2 operating systemes on it.This computer has no Flopy
>drive.There is no Remove XP in ad or remove
>programes.There must be a simple way for a fool like me
>to get rid of it.

Remove the other OS from the BOOT.INI file. See "How to Edit the
BOOT.INI File in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289022). Then manually delete the
related files from the HDD

--