Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New Computer. Wont boot. Help Please

Last response: in Motherboards
June 24, 2010 10:15:14 AM

I just built a new system last night. I'm currently getting a blank screen on the monitor (no signal) and all the fans are on and look fine so I'm not sure what the problem is. I purchased the P55 FTW SLI board and it seems the bios wont load or just a bad signal with the monitor, also I don't hear the mobo beep from the speaker. I removed the cpu and reinstalled it, checked all connections and ram slots are fine. Was wondering what else am I missing, do I need a 700+ psu? Thanks for all the help guys.

Specs

HAF 922
i5 750
EVGA FTW SLI
Hyper 212+
G.Skill 4GB 12800
XFX 5850
WD Caviar Black 750 GB
OCZ MODXSTREAM-PRO 600W PSU

More about : computer wont boot

a c 435 V Motherboard
a b C Monitor
June 24, 2010 10:27:50 AM

Unplug the ps and use the cmos jumper to reset the bios, or remove the motherboard battery for about one minute and reinstall. Also reinstall the ram and be sure it's seated in the slots all the way. Your ps is adequate to get your system running, but you can try another one if you wish. Also be sure power supply cable to the video card is correct. I also reseat the 24 pin and 8 pin ps leads to the board and if the ps is plugged in, you may see some fan movement or an indicator light on the board light up when the board is receiving power.

Best solution

June 24, 2010 12:56:28 PM

This is a check list of things to look for in your situation. Start at the top and work your way down.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-read-postin...
Related resources
June 24, 2010 1:19:50 PM

Try first with only one stick of ram in the blue slot...
July 1, 2010 7:56:59 AM

I removed the motherboard, cpu, cpu fan, power supply with only 1 stick of ram and I still didnt get a post code on the led on the bottom right of the motherboard and no beeps from the internal speaker on the motherboard. I had 1 stick of ram installed with the 24 pin and 8 pin from the power supply onto the motherboard. I removed the cpu and reinstalled it, the pins look fine so I'm not sure if its just not making contact because I would think the motherboard would at least beep from the internal speaker or show some kind of post code. Any other suggestions that I should try? Thanks again for the help.

July 8, 2010 4:13:00 PM

Best answer selected by snippyz.
July 8, 2010 4:13:39 PM

Reseated the CPU and I got another 600W P/S from my friend and it seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the help guys
!