Sign in with
Your question

Cooling Corsair Obsidian 800D

Last response: in Overclocking
June 3, 2012 1:44:27 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I'm planning a build and I'm just trying to figure out whats the best way to cool my case. I plan on watercooling the CPU and GPU.

I wanted to mount a triple rad at the top this 800D and pull air out with that, but seeing as I'm still very novice at this, I am not completely sure. Here's a diagram of what I wanted to do (I made it in paint really fast)

I'm going to replace all the fans and get better ones, also thought about getting a circle cutter and making another whole for fans on the side door panel, and I wanted to keep the pump and Res in the 5'' bays because I'll only be using 3 tops for Blu ray, DVD, and a fan control/temp display, I will set up res and rads on outside if I have to though, I don't care, I just thought this was cleaner.

a b K Overclocking
June 3, 2012 6:05:01 PM

Hi, the Corsair 800d is a very nice case to water cool. You can mount a triple 120 rad in the top of the case no problem but I'd have it bring cool air into the case using either push, pull or both. To do a cpu/gpu loop you can probably get by with an additional 120mm or 140mm if you are using just one gpu. If you are planning on a sli/crossfire setup then figure at least another 240mm rad in addition to the 120mm triple or greater.
a b K Overclocking
June 3, 2012 6:17:47 PM

what cpu and gpu? how many gpus you are planning to cool? budget?
BTW you can do a beautiful job with 800D-
Related resources
a c 190 K Overclocking
June 3, 2012 6:19:56 PM

Nope, the topmounted rad is exhausting from the case, not intaking,
front bottom or side is intake, and rear/roof is exhaust,
@Op check out the W/c sticky up the top for some starting points,
we'll need to know what exactly is being cooled here, chip and Gpu,
and I finally found someone who draws worse than me lol :p 
don't take that badly, I'm awful with Ms paint too :) 

Moto
June 3, 2012 6:22:59 PM

2700k and 7970...I already priced out about $2200 on computer hardware and was looking to spend another $500 or so on watercooling. Like I said I will mount on the outside if necessary.
a b K Overclocking
June 3, 2012 6:25:40 PM

i am not a watercooling expert but for 2700k/7970,a 360mm rad on top will do fine.
BTW,why not get 670 or 680?
!