Keeping web icons on my desktop

How can I save the icons on my desktop that are created
by draging a favorite web link to my desktop.
I get a nice looking icon from the local paper online or
accuweather but every once and awhile they disapear and
are replaced by a standard icon. It seems like they are
downloaded each time I reboot and some times they do
not make it. I must then drag a new link to the desktop
then reboot to see them again.

Is there a way to grab them to store on on my system?
Thank you
Tim
1 answer Last reply
More about keeping icons desktop

    Tim, rt click the Desktop>select Properties>Desktop>Customize
    Desktop>Web>click the Lock Desktop Items box.
    "tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I save the icons on my desktop that are created
    > by draging a favorite web link to my desktop.
    > I get a nice looking icon from the local paper online or
    > accuweather but every once and awhile they disapear and
    > are replaced by a standard icon. It seems like they are
    > downloaded each time I reboot and some times they do
    > not make it. I must then drag a new link to the desktop
    > then reboot to see them again.
    >
    > Is there a way to grab them to store on on my system?
    > Thank you
    > Tim

Configuration Desktops Icons Windows XP