winner4455

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
I just build my new computer. It's have a strange issue, sometimes when I try to start it, it just shuts off and turns on 3 seconds later, shuts off etc. Sometimes though, it stays on. What could be my problem?

winner4455

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
Antec 1200
i7 920
HD Radeon 5770 x 2
Corsair TX850
Asus p6t deluxe
Corsair Dominator

Ps: Could this problem be the Power supply turning off to protect it self and restarts when the current drains?

As hunter requested please post your specs.

To take a pop shot at what you are saying without knowing anything else about your setup I would have to say its either an incompatible driver/hardware conflict or a wiring issue.

Unplug all of the extra hardware you don't need to boot the system and reboot, if it still persists then check your front panel wiring to make sure you got it right, use your motherboard manual diagram.

One last thing, are you using Vista? If so, you could be using an old disk that doesn't have the patch to correct the ram issue. If you try to set up your system using more than 2 gigs of ram it wont operate correctly. You could try to use 1 or 2 gigs and see if that helps.

As I said, I'm swatting at air without knowing more about your setup configuration but its likely to be one of those suggestions...

winner4455

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
Will do, I was reading an article at ASUS technical support and it said to do the same thing. Will try when I come back home.

Also, my socket is fully snapped down as well as my cooler.

technuttso

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
U have BIOS info write on motherboard PCB along with the name or even the box pack of the motherboard.
On the PCB ASUS write something like this: ASUS P6T DELUXE rev. 0xxx or 1xxx (no mater) \or bios xxxx.
The "rev.(bios) xxxx" is your bios version.

technuttso

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
If u don't have a friend with a C0 i7 920 CPU u may find a computer shop that will do this for a small pay (i think). In my home town these service cost in about10 to 20 Euro at maximum.Find one near your home, off course. Pay attention on the choices u make at your next computer build. Good luck and enjoy your rig.

winner4455

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
Considering the $42 restocking fee and shipping fees, it would be cheaper to find someone or a computer store that can flash it I guess. I could also use the extra OC abilities of D0.