Sign in with
Your question

XSPC D5 Raystorm kits, UK

Last response: in Overclocking
a c 190 K Overclocking
June 3, 2012 9:58:49 AM

The in stock date is still in red but its nice to see them over here at last!
http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/search.php...
now, if XSPC would stop making the RS rads I'll be happy :) 
Moto

More about : xspc raystorm kits

a c 328 K Overclocking
June 4, 2012 4:32:35 AM

Quote:
now, if XSPC would stop making the RS rads I'll be happy

Not sure why they continue to produce them- you'd think the EX/RX would be all they would need unless they really wanted to maintain a bargain basement rad selection for multiple fan choices and price ranges.
a c 150 K Overclocking
June 4, 2012 4:33:51 AM

rubix_1011 said:
Quote:
now, if XSPC would stop making the RS rads I'll be happy

Not sure why they continue to produce them- you'd think the EX/RX would be all they would need unless they really wanted to maintain a bargain basement rad selection for multiple fan choices and price ranges.

I talked to a guy from the place I'm buying my WC parts from, he said XSPC is going to discontinue the RX/RS series. The EX is what replaces both of them.
Related resources
a c 328 K Overclocking
June 4, 2012 4:36:39 AM

What a shame- RX is still a stronger rad over the EX. Maybe there is a redesign of the RX coming soon?
a c 190 K Overclocking
June 4, 2012 9:03:55 AM

Dc the RX? I'll be mailing them on tuesday to persuade them otherwise and if they won't see sense then they can give me the remaining stock to erm, dispose of :p 
a redesign would be more likely as Rubix said, you don't cancel a cracking item of stock without having a replacement, you risk losing market share to competition that way
the EX is a compromise rad to my eyes, you want better performance than RS but don't have room for RX, heres the EX series....
Moto
a c 235 K Overclocking
June 4, 2012 12:06:31 PM

The new kits look good, much improvement!

What exactly is the difference between the RX and EX radiators?
a c 190 K Overclocking
June 4, 2012 12:23:59 PM

The Ex's have a higher Fpi, requiring faster/louder fans to approach the RX's performance, but they are the same thickness as the Rs series, which have the same 8Fpi as the RX's
I prefer the Rx's for the peace and quiet factor but not everyone has room for them, or is willing to mount externally/mod
the Ex is my eyes is a compromise product that totally negated the Rs series, but doesn't quite match the Rx, and at the cost of increased noise
i always recommend the Rx first, then if space is an issue the Ex, but since they came out I've tried to steer folks away from the Rs rads, Ex is same price most places and better performance
Moto
a c 235 K Overclocking
June 4, 2012 2:08:11 PM

Thanks
a c 190 K Overclocking
June 4, 2012 7:22:06 PM

Np man
Moto
a c 190 K Overclocking
June 5, 2012 8:53:29 AM

You've had the Raystorm kits a while Muffin, this was a celebration of it finally being available over here :) 
Xspc is a UK company yet the US market seems to get the new stuff first :p 
Moto
a c 235 K Overclocking
June 5, 2012 11:06:47 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
You've had the Raystorm kits a while Muffin, this was a celebration of it finally being available over here :) 
Xspc is a UK company yet the US market seems to get the new stuff first :p 
Moto

That's because the world is in reverse flux!

It's from tampering with the Flux Capacitor, in Back to the Future!

Here's another example:

Hollywood movie industries is located in the US, but the new movies premier in your territory first!

There has to be some balance Moto, so we get the water cooling parts first! :lol: 
a c 190 K Overclocking
June 5, 2012 11:13:26 AM

So if I overclock to 1.21 Gigawatts I can alter the flow of time itself?
I think that may be slightly over my chips limit though :p 
I need better cooling........
Moto
a c 328 K Overclocking
June 5, 2012 4:08:23 PM

Quote:
So if I overclock to 1.21 Gigawatts I can alter the flow of time itself?

We had the power supply discussion a few days ago, fellas. :) 

If I recall from the movies, the DeLorean actually arrived extremely cold after time travel (recall the Twin Pines mall scene from the first movie), likely from traversing a wormhole in the vacuum of space/time.
a c 190 K Overclocking
June 5, 2012 5:31:14 PM

Seems a lot of hassle just to get a W/c kit first though.....
/Delorean love though, very unique cars and even as a diehard, born and Bred biker without a car license, I'd have one if the chance ever arose
Moto
!