Solved

Normal CPU temp for Q6600 @ 3GHz? (Aircooling)

:sweat:
22 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about normal temp q6600 3ghz aircooling
  1. I can't see the picture if you posted one, just state what the temps are please.
  2. 42C-54C is it nomal? using Thermaltake Spinq VT.
  3. Mine is clocked at 3GHz but at idle settles down to 2GHz

My Vcore is at 1.34 which I should drop down lower sometime - from when i was running at 3.6GHz with 1.38vcore - but simply don't need the extra speed and heat atm so 3GHz is fine, but the 1.34 generates more heat than I should be having at this speed...

idle:
    48 48 42 45

Prime95 Load for 10 mins temps settle down at:
    77 77 69 73

With all fans in my Antec P182 (good airflow) at min speed and CoolerMaster Fan at min speed.
  4. CoolerMaster Hyper 212 CPU HSF I meant to say...
  5. Oh, and check your temps using that nice little app called:

Core Temp

Being able to edit would be nice....
    ...can you guys edit your posts??
  6. Pailin said:
    Mine is clocked at 3GHz but at idle settles down to 2GHz

My Vcore is at 1.34 which I should drop down lower sometime - from when i was running at 3.6GHz with 1.38vcore - but simply don't need the extra speed and heat atm so 3GHz is fine, but the 1.34 generates more heat than I should be having at this speed...

idle:
    48 48 42 45

Prime95 Load for 10 mins temps settle down at:
    77 77 69 73

With all fans in my Antec P182 (good airflow) at min speed and CoolerMaster Fan at min speed.

Whoa, is 77 safe for the Q6600?
  7. Pailin said:
    Oh, and check your temps using that nice little app called:

Core Temp

Being able to edit would be nice....
    ...can you guys edit your posts??

Thankz! :D
  8. jonpaul37 said:
    I can't see the picture if you posted one, just state what the temps are please.

9. Lancool PC-K62 Case
  10. Best answer
    Love that case and love the HS/F on your CPU. those temps should be ok, course, i have my Q6600 @ 3.6 with temps lower, usually ranges from 31*c idle to 59*c load. Using the Xigmatek HDT s1283, it's not as nice looking as whatever heatsink/fan you're using, but it gets the job done :)
  11. Best answer selected by nitro7230.
  12. jonpaul37 said:
    Love that case and love the HS/F on your CPU. those temps should be ok, course, i have my Q6600 @ 3.6 with temps lower, usually ranges from 31*c idle to 69*c load. Using the Xigmatek HDT s1283, it's not as nice looking as whatever heatsink/fan you're using, but it gets the job done :)

cheers! ;)
  13. Yeah, that is one nice looking machine you got there nitro7230 :D

The Q6600 is meant to be ok up to 90c for working temp according to Intel - not that I'd ever want to be that high LOL

Just reset my vcore down to 1.248
    I think I had set my vcore quite high before in efforts to get stability due to a then unknown RAM issue and also MB issue - both of which needed RMAing >_<

Idle now:
    45 45 38 44

Prime95 after 20 mins (room is pretty warm today than the earlier Prime95 temps I mentioned which were made about 1 week ago on colder day):
    74 74 71 70

Temps with min fan speeds again...

jonpaul37, those are some pretty nice temps for 3.6GHz load. What load and vcore are you running.
  14. Pailin said:
    Yeah, that is one nice looking machine you got there nitro7230 :D

The Q6600 is meant to be ok up to 90c for working temp according to Intel - not that I'd ever want to be that high LOL

I think I had set my vcore quite high before in efforts to get stability due to a then unknown RAM issue and also MB issue - both of which needed RMAing >_<

Idle now:
    45 45 38 44

Prime95 after 20 mins (room is pretty warm today than the earlier Prime95 temps I mentioned which were made about 1 week ago on colder day):
    74 74 71 70

jonpaul37, those are some pretty nice temps for 3.6GHz load. What load and vcore are you running.

Wow! Thankz.. :)
  15. Thanks for your reply guys. I'm new to this Temp. thing. :)
  16. ok

I run my PC for Quiet as 24/7 in my bedroom and have 5v resistors to all my fans and also run through a fan controller

Case fans Sharkoon 120 2000rpm all through case
    min speed = 860 rpm
    Max Speed = 1,230 rpm

CPU HSF CoolerMaster Hyper 212
    Min Speed = 1,260 rpm
    Max Speed = 1,770 rpm

Now all on max with room door open - is quite a bit cooler now:

Idle:
    39 39 32 37

Prime95 Load:
    62 62 59 59

Much better ^^
  17. One thing worth knowing -

many motherboard CPU temp monitors are known to read temps up to 10c too low.
    But Core Temp is meant to be accurate.

heh...

as I was going through this stuff, I upgraded to the new version for CoreTemp and just noticed it now displays Load and Temp info to the screen on my G19 KB for each core - very cool :D
  18. nitro7230 said:
    Thanks for your reply guys. I'm new to this Temp. thing. :)

You are welcome mate, and welcome to the forums BTW :sol:
  19. Pailin said:
    Yeah, that is one nice looking machine you got there nitro7230 :D

Idle now:
    45 45 38 44

74 74 71 70

Its a G0 version Q6600 running 400 FSB x 9, Vcore = 1.39 in BIOS, reporting as 1.37

I was also able to tighten my RAM timings to 4-4-4-10

Also, i do alot of benchmarking and play many games, so the highest temp i have ever reached on the above settings is 61*c but only for a moment, usually top off @ 59*c.
  20. very cool :sol:

Tnx for the info.

I have the same G0 Q6600 and am running sloppy timing due to having had 2 sticks of RAM and the MB go faulty at different times.

5 5 5 15

When I get my RAM back I might have another play. I also was running 9 x 400 for my 3.6GHz.
    Maybe this time I will make 3.6GHz with a little less vcore and lower temps.

Still, nice going with your setup :)
  21. thanks, think i got lucky, i bought the Q6600 from someone on craigslist for $50.00 USD
  22. hehe

yeah, I think so!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs