Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Normal CPU temp for Q6600 @ 3GHz? (Aircooling)

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Share
February 19, 2010 4:23:11 PM
a b à CPUs
February 19, 2010 4:25:55 PM

I can't see the picture if you posted one, just state what the temps are please.
m
0
l
February 19, 2010 4:28:47 PM

42C-54C is it nomal? using Thermaltake Spinq VT.
m
0
l
Related resources
February 19, 2010 4:31:11 PM

Mine is clocked at 3GHz but at idle settles down to 2GHz

My Vcore is at 1.34 which I should drop down lower sometime - from when i was running at 3.6GHz with 1.38vcore - but simply don't need the extra speed and heat atm so 3GHz is fine, but the 1.34 generates more heat than I should be having at this speed...

idle:
48 48 42 45

Prime95 Load for 10 mins temps settle down at:
77 77 69 73

With all fans in my Antec P182 (good airflow) at min speed and CoolerMaster Fan at min speed.
m
0
l
February 19, 2010 4:31:39 PM

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 CPU HSF I meant to say...
m
0
l
February 19, 2010 4:34:18 PM

Oh, and check your temps using that nice little app called:

Core Temp


Being able to edit would be nice....
...can you guys edit your posts??
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 19, 2010 4:40:19 PM

Pailin said:
Mine is clocked at 3GHz but at idle settles down to 2GHz

My Vcore is at 1.34 which I should drop down lower sometime - from when i was running at 3.6GHz with 1.38vcore - but simply don't need the extra speed and heat atm so 3GHz is fine, but the 1.34 generates more heat than I should be having at this speed...

idle:
48 48 42 45

Prime95 Load for 10 mins temps settle down at:
77 77 69 73

With all fans in my Antec P182 (good airflow) at min speed and CoolerMaster Fan at min speed.




Whoa, is 77 safe for the Q6600?
m
0
l
February 19, 2010 4:40:28 PM

Pailin said:
Oh, and check your temps using that nice little app called:

Core Temp


Being able to edit would be nice....
...can you guys edit your posts??



Thankz! :D 
m
0
l
February 19, 2010 4:44:59 PM

jonpaul37 said:
I can't see the picture if you posted one, just state what the temps are please.






m
0
l
February 19, 2010 4:46:24 PM

Lancool PC-K62 Case
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
February 19, 2010 4:56:35 PM

Love that case and love the HS/F on your CPU. those temps should be ok, course, i have my Q6600 @ 3.6 with temps lower, usually ranges from 31*c idle to 59*c load. Using the Xigmatek HDT s1283, it's not as nice looking as whatever heatsink/fan you're using, but it gets the job done :) 
Share
February 19, 2010 4:58:27 PM

Best answer selected by nitro7230.
m
0
l
February 19, 2010 5:01:34 PM

jonpaul37 said:
Love that case and love the HS/F on your CPU. those temps should be ok, course, i have my Q6600 @ 3.6 with temps lower, usually ranges from 31*c idle to 69*c load. Using the Xigmatek HDT s1283, it's not as nice looking as whatever heatsink/fan you're using, but it gets the job done :) 



cheers! ;) 
m
0
l
February 19, 2010 5:24:04 PM

Yeah, that is one nice looking machine you got there nitro7230 :D 

The Q6600 is meant to be ok up to 90c for working temp according to Intel - not that I'd ever want to be that high LOL

Just reset my vcore down to 1.248
I think I had set my vcore quite high before in efforts to get stability due to a then unknown RAM issue and also MB issue - both of which needed RMAing >_<

Idle now:
45 45 38 44

Prime95 after 20 mins (room is pretty warm today than the earlier Prime95 temps I mentioned which were made about 1 week ago on colder day):
74 74 71 70

Temps with min fan speeds again...

jonpaul37, those are some pretty nice temps for 3.6GHz load. What load and vcore are you running.
m
0
l
February 19, 2010 5:44:17 PM

Pailin said:
Yeah, that is one nice looking machine you got there nitro7230 :D 

The Q6600 is meant to be ok up to 90c for working temp according to Intel - not that I'd ever want to be that high LOL

Just reset my vcore down to 1.248
I think I had set my vcore quite high before in efforts to get stability due to a then unknown RAM issue and also MB issue - both of which needed RMAing >_<

Idle now:
45 45 38 44

Prime95 after 20 mins (room is pretty warm today than the earlier Prime95 temps I mentioned which were made about 1 week ago on colder day):
74 74 71 70

Temps with min fan speeds again...

jonpaul37, those are some pretty nice temps for 3.6GHz load. What load and vcore are you running.



Wow! Thankz.. :) 
m
0
l
February 19, 2010 5:46:32 PM

Thanks for your reply guys. I'm new to this Temp. thing. :) 
m
0
l
February 19, 2010 5:46:55 PM

ok

I run my PC for Quiet as 24/7 in my bedroom and have 5v resistors to all my fans and also run through a fan controller

Case fans Sharkoon 120 2000rpm all through case
min speed = 860 rpm
Max Speed = 1,230 rpm

CPU HSF CoolerMaster Hyper 212
Min Speed = 1,260 rpm
Max Speed = 1,770 rpm

Now all on max with room door open - is quite a bit cooler now:

Idle:
39 39 32 37

Prime95 Load:
62 62 59 59

Much better ^^
m
0
l
February 19, 2010 5:55:50 PM

One thing worth knowing -

many motherboard CPU temp monitors are known to read temps up to 10c too low.
But Core Temp is meant to be accurate.

heh...

as I was going through this stuff, I upgraded to the new version for CoreTemp and just noticed it now displays Load and Temp info to the screen on my G19 KB for each core - very cool :D 
m
0
l
February 19, 2010 6:01:37 PM

nitro7230 said:
Thanks for your reply guys. I'm new to this Temp. thing. :) 



You are welcome mate, and welcome to the forums BTW :sol: 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 19, 2010 6:38:58 PM

Pailin said:
Yeah, that is one nice looking machine you got there nitro7230 :D 

The Q6600 is meant to be ok up to 90c for working temp according to Intel - not that I'd ever want to be that high LOL

Just reset my vcore down to 1.248
I think I had set my vcore quite high before in efforts to get stability due to a then unknown RAM issue and also MB issue - both of which needed RMAing >_<

Idle now:
45 45 38 44

Prime95 after 20 mins (room is pretty warm today than the earlier Prime95 temps I mentioned which were made about 1 week ago on colder day):
74 74 71 70

Temps with min fan speeds again...

jonpaul37, those are some pretty nice temps for 3.6GHz load. What load and vcore are you running.



Its a G0 version Q6600 running 400 FSB x 9, Vcore = 1.39 in BIOS, reporting as 1.37

I was also able to tighten my RAM timings to 4-4-4-10

Also, i do alot of benchmarking and play many games, so the highest temp i have ever reached on the above settings is 61*c but only for a moment, usually top off @ 59*c.
m
0
l
February 19, 2010 7:15:27 PM

very cool :sol: 


Tnx for the info.

I have the same G0 Q6600 and am running sloppy timing due to having had 2 sticks of RAM and the MB go faulty at different times.

5 5 5 15

When I get my RAM back I might have another play. I also was running 9 x 400 for my 3.6GHz.
Maybe this time I will make 3.6GHz with a little less vcore and lower temps.

Still, nice going with your setup :) 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 19, 2010 7:31:14 PM

thanks, think i got lucky, i bought the Q6600 from someone on craigslist for $50.00 USD
m
0
l
February 19, 2010 7:38:27 PM

hehe

yeah, I think so!
m
0
l
!