Highest voltage for a 2600k?

Intel specifies a max voltage of 1.52V, depending on your processor and speed looking for you will most likely use a voltage much less.

REMEMBER, EVERY PROCESSOR IS DIFFERENT. Your friend's 2600K may hit 4.5ghz at 1.29V but yours may not!

D

Deleted member 217926

You want to run under 1.4v unless you have a very good custom watercooling loop. For safe day to day operation you are probably OK up to about 1.36-1.38v if you have a good motherboard. As far as I know the chips start degrading due to electromigration quickly at around 1.4v so as much below that as you can keep it is best. Personally I am happy with my 4.5Ghz at 1.32v overclock.

4.7ghz 1.415V :)

4.5ghz 1.315v

Air cooled for now!

D

Deleted member 217926

1.4v with air cooling is dangerous. Electromigration can kill your chip in as little as a few months. The only way volatge that high is safe is with a custom water loop.

D

Deleted member 217926

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/automatic-overclock-motherboard-cpu,3048.html

" We've learned through trial, error, and dead processors that voltage levels beyond 1.45 V at above-ambient temperatures can kill an Intel CPU etched at 32 nm (Sandy Bridge-based parts included) very quickly. Those same processors die a fairly slow death at voltage levels between 1.40 V and 1.45 V (somewhere between weeks and months on our test benches). And we're expecting more than a year of reliable service from the parts we've dutifully kept below 1.40 V. Not all motherboards are perfect however. Voltage instability on a particularly cheap motherboard fried one of our processors when it was set to only1.38 V. Subsequently, you've seen us use 1.35 V for the overclocking tests in older motherboard round-ups, embracing 1.38 V to 1.40 V in more recent pieces covering higher-end platforms. "