Saphire, MSI, ASUS Radeon 5970 Differences

PAUL41

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
I am currently in the process of building a new computer.

I have Antec 1200 Case
Dark Knight-S1283V Fan
2 x Kingston SSD 40GB in Raid 0
1TB Harddrive
DVD RW
Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 6GB Kit
Intel Core i7 920 D0
Asus P6TD Deluxe X58 Socket 1366 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

I am planning on some overclocking but nothing extreme - will see how the processor die copes.

However, i am having difficulty in choosing graphics card. I know the Radeon 5970 is pretty expensive but i still want one.

However, most Saphire versions are out of stock which leaves MSI, ASUS and some other brands available.

Can someone please explain the main differences between these makes? Is there much of a difference - i am a bit confused - help :)

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Just the name and warranty/tech support. I've heard some bad stories about Sapphire support. But i'm sure everyone has heard something bad from every manufacturer. I, personally, only go with Asus. Mostly because i've never had any lemon products from them, and the warranty seems solid. A lot of people choose XFX for the double lifetime warranty, as well.

PAUL41

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Thanks for the quick reply - just there are some great differences in price and was thinking that the performance might have been the factor - thanks - that means i can get ordering one that happens to still be in Stock - think i am going to go for ASUS personally due to the fact i have an ASUS motherboard. Thanks