locomoco321

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2012
Hi,
I am building a new water cooling loop and I've been looking into multiple brands. I found a neat pump with reservoir from Koolance. I notices many versions of the product and I was looking heavily into the RP-985. It differs from the others because it only pumps around 7L/minute. So my question is, will it be able to pump well with the following set-up:

pump/reservoir>2x140mm radiator>CPU block>120mm radiator>graphics card>pump/reservoir

Also, if you wouldn't mind, could you suggest a tubing size and/or compatible nozzles please?

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
well why don't you take a look at the last page of my build I was asking myself the same question and I am at that section of the build process so see what I did to answer it and repeat for yourself to see how your loop works with your hardware

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/page-274855_29_200.html

http://koolance.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57_113&product_id=1153

the greater the flow rate the more that the pump is capable of handling if you are running a serial line the flow rate will be less than the most restrictive part on the line. and the pics within the thread explain the rest about other types of configurations.

the sizes i ues for tubing are 1/2 OD 3/8 ID but i like the 5/8 OD 3/8 ID the thicker the wall the longer it will last compression fittings have to match on both the ID and OD sizes. where barbs you only need the ID size to match.

locomoco321

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2012
I've been looking into it more and I found that I would rather go with a different block. I chose these parts because the others were Out of Stock. Also, does the ID of the tube have to match the OD of the fitting?

Yes, whether you use barbs or comps the Id of the tube must match the Od of the barb/fitting but with compressions your Od of the tube must also fit inside the collar
I'd like to know what Cpu and card you are cooling though, and are you overclocking anything?
if so, how far are you aiming?
P.s. out of stock is a bad reason to get anything in W/c generally, I had to wait 5 months for some resses once, and then ship them from the US to the UK, but thats life hehe

Moto

locomoco321

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2012

I've looked into other brands like Swiftech and XSPC and more questions (but for another post). My CPU is an i7 2600K OC'd to 4.5GHz at 1.31v (my aftermarket heatsink is doing the job). EVGA GTX 670 FTW edition (it has the same PCB as the GTX 680). I might just open up another thread with the updated parts.

BTW, thanks for the tubing answer.