Why does program want to install?

I had to reinstall Xp over itself to get back in. Now the
problem is that any time I try and open mycomputer,
anything, it does not matter it wants to start installing
ms money. Where is the association with that? Is there a
registry setting I can check or change?

Thanks, Dave
1 answer Last reply
More about program install

    Dave wrote:

    > I had to reinstall Xp over itself to get back in. Now the
    > problem is that any time I try and open mycomputer,
    > anything, it does not matter it wants to start installing
    > ms money. Where is the association with that? Is there a
    > registry setting I can check or change?
    >
    > Thanks, Dave
    Hi

    Most likely it is Windows Installer doing an on-demand installation...

    See "Every time I launch my application, Windows Installer performs an
    installation. How can I determine the cause of the on-demand installation?"
    in the FAQ at

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/management/msi_faq.mspx

    To access the Application Log in the Event viewer,
    run the following command from Start/Run:

    eventvwr.msc

    If you are running Windows XP (or have access to a Windows XP computer,
    you can copy MSIZAP.EXE over to your Win2k computer):

    If a product code is listed there and this product is not really installed,
    MSIZAP.EXE is maybe able to fix this issue, it is included as a utility in
    the support tools installation package (on your WinXP CD) with some
    additional
    documentation included in suptools.chm (installed by suptools.msi).

    It will remove all Windows Installer entries for a product key that you feed
    it with.

    Note that if MSIZAP.EXE is used incorrectly it can affect other applications
    on the machine.

    Based on the documentation in
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/msi/setup/msizap_exe.asp

    this is what you should run:

    msizap T {product code}

    an example:
    msizap T {FFB37294-1155-17D3-A809-0250BAAFB1AB}

    Alternatively, for a more user friendly interface to MSIZAP.EXE ,
    take a look at this article:

    Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP