Sign in with
Your question

Epson Printer Ink Level Page

Last response: in Windows 7
October 11, 2011 7:34:58 PM

I'm going crazy. I used to be able to see the ink levels of my Epson Stylus Photo 1400 printer everytime I went to print something. Since I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 I cannot find out how to see this information anymore.

At this moment the "low ink" red light is flashing and I have no idea which ink cartridge(s) I need to replace.

Someone please help me.

Susan
a b $ Windows 7
October 11, 2011 7:50:41 PM

To find version of your Windows 7,

Click Start, type system in the Start Search box,
and then click System Information in the Programs list.

When System Summary is selected in the navigation pane,
the operating system is displayed as follows:

For a 64-bit version operating system: x64-based PC appears for the System type under Item.
For a 32-bit version operating system: x86-based PC appears for the System type under Item.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 11, 2011 7:51:11 PM

Susan61 said:
I'm going crazy. I used to be able to see the ink levels of my Epson Stylus Photo 1400 printer everytime I went to print something. Since I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 I cannot find out how to see this information anymore.

At this moment the "low ink" red light is flashing and I have no idea which ink cartridge(s) I need to replace.

Someone please help me.

Susan

For now, check your printer from control panel, should be properties, or different tabs to click on
m
l
July 25, 2012 3:21:56 PM

Susan61 said:

Someone please help me.

Susan

m
l
July 25, 2012 3:27:44 PM

Hi Susan61:
I'm having the same problem and have wasted many hours trying to resolve this problem. It seems that Microsoft don't put themselves in the position of being "users" of the system prior to launching their new programs!
Dawn Z.
m
l
December 20, 2012 3:06:09 PM

A word to the wise and patient:
You can get past a lot of these OEM Epson issues (Ink levels, "empty" cartridges which really aren't, flashing warning lights and "factory service Needed"/ end of Life advisories when the waste ink napkin and sponges are filled, etc. by doing what I did: I CONVERTED TO CISS ( a bulk inks delivery system) with an external waste tank that shunts the waste ink from the internal napkin and sponges for about $50 for each of my Epson printers (R2400 and R300), bought several ink refill kits from 2 different suppliers and then, about 4-5 hours later , some hair-tearing, some cartridge re-seats and the re-installation of a missing cartridge carriage cover (ill-advisedly taken off and not replaced following a YouTube DIY on installation) they are both working extremely well, albeit with a slight difference in ink quality vs the wildly overpriced Epson K3 inks. You want that quality for some SERIOUS repro you can always take it to your local photo lab.
I've had experience with two non-OEM CISS suppliers found on eBay - R2400: The first I could not get chip acceptance for the refillable carts , the second after numerous re-installs. One supplier refunded entirely, thanks for that. The second set had chip recognition for all but the Yellow and Cobalt, easy to ascertain with the light system in the R2400. After cleaning the chip faces and contacts with a Q tip I gave up, swapped in the first suppliers Yellow and Cobalt cartridges and that was that, everything's working just fine. R300: the first supplier sent me the system, empty, with a full refill bottle kit and all the syringes, etc.. Followed instructions on YouTube , installed and it ran the first time, continues to run perfectly, no problems. the Epson OEM Ink Level Monitor shows them as being empty but I couldn't care less, it works, case closed.
Conclusion: I wanted my moneys worth (roughly $1400 RETAIL, NOT WHAT I PAID, ARE YOU KIDDING??? Bought the r300 at a garage sale for $30 because the woman thought the cartridges too expensive, the r2400 from a pro photog who thought the CISS was too much trouble to install for $100) and the CISS lets us both print small and large format on premier photo stock in quality as fine as any- we sell lots of cards and reprints of original art in the gallery gift shop from both of these printers. :hello: 
m
l
!