Sign in with
Your question

Computer stays on

Last response: in Systems
December 10, 2009 1:57:48 PM

HI I just mounted an Asus P6T deluxe V2 motherboard with an I7 intel chip, two 285 GTX n vidia cards in SLI , two times 2X2Gb corsair DDR3 1600 with a 1000W corsaire power supply; the whole thing mounted in a coolmaster coolmaster HAF chassis. for my firsts start, I push the power button everything went one (lights, fans) without any beep. but then nothing happen and the computer stayed on. TO put it off, I had to take out the cable. Does anyone have an idea on what's going on?

Thanks

More about : computer stays

December 10, 2009 2:54:12 PM

vincentstra said:
HI I just mounted an Asus P6T deluxe V2 motherboard with an I7 intel chip, two 285 GTX n vidia cards in SLI , two times 2X2Gb corsair DDR3 1600 with a 1000W corsaire power supply; the whole thing mounted in a coolmaster coolmaster HAF chassis. for my firsts start, I push the power button everything went one (lights, fans) without any beep. but then nothing happen and the computer stayed on. TO put it off, I had to take out the cable. Does anyone have an idea on what's going on?

Thanks

The Asus P6T and i7 require triple channel memory, ie RAM has to be plugged into 3 slots.
Also you need a case speaker to hear beeps. Know my HAF 922 didn't come with one.

Should have posted a thread before you bought the thing =P
!