Core i7 930

Hey Guys,

I am just wondering if if your opinion, is the wait for the i7 930 worth it over the current 920, now I am not into OC or anything like that just at stock speed is fine by me, I just ask as I beleive that the new CPU release is supposed to be Sunday 28th Feb?! Seems a bit weird to me to release a new piece of hardware on a Sunday? Is this correct? Or have I got it completely wrong LOL, as all the info I seem to be able to find is that date, and there is no news I am aware of from Intel themselves?

And as I can't afford to do this very often, I would really appreciate your opinions as to whether the wait is worth it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!!! :D
5 answers Last reply
More about core
  1. Someone has taken the official "before the end of February" statement and mistaken that for the last day in February.
  2. Well the only difference is that the stock clock might be 100 mhz or so higher. No 32nm like some people think.
  3. Little difference. Potential higher OCS based on revision but the newest D0 920s will be able to OC very very high. 930 > 920 though.
  4. base clock speed is 5% higher. is it worth it to you? If it was me I would wait because it is less than 1 month. If you have a frys near you there is a chance you could get a 930 now
  5. edifice said:
    Hey Guys,

I am just wondering if if your opinion, is the wait for the i7 930 worth it over the current 920, now I am not into OC or anything like that just at stock speed is fine by me, I just ask as I beleive that the new CPU release is supposed to be Sunday 28th Feb?! Seems a bit weird to me to release a new piece of hardware on a Sunday? Is this correct? Or have I got it completely wrong LOL, as all the info I seem to be able to find is that date, and there is no news I am aware of from Intel themselves?

And as I can't afford to do this very often, I would really appreciate your opinions as to whether the wait is worth it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!!! :D

bought mine at frys last week for $288.00
    runs like a dream in my new p6x58d premium running at 4ghz stable prime95 overnight
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i7