Sign in with
Your question

Core i7 930

Last response: in CPUs
February 19, 2010 8:30:54 PM

Hey Guys,

I am just wondering if if your opinion, is the wait for the i7 930 worth it over the current 920, now I am not into OC or anything like that just at stock speed is fine by me, I just ask as I beleive that the new CPU release is supposed to be Sunday 28th Feb?! Seems a bit weird to me to release a new piece of hardware on a Sunday? Is this correct? Or have I got it completely wrong LOL, as all the info I seem to be able to find is that date, and there is no news I am aware of from Intel themselves?

And as I can't afford to do this very often, I would really appreciate your opinions as to whether the wait is worth it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!!! :D 

More about : core 930

a c 229 à CPUs
February 19, 2010 8:41:16 PM

Someone has taken the official "before the end of February" statement and mistaken that for the last day in February.
m
l
February 19, 2010 9:06:03 PM

Well the only difference is that the stock clock might be 100 mhz or so higher. No 32nm like some people think.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
February 19, 2010 9:35:03 PM

Little difference. Potential higher OCS based on revision but the newest D0 920s will be able to OC very very high. 930 > 920 though.
m
l
February 20, 2010 1:23:31 AM

base clock speed is 5% higher. is it worth it to you? If it was me I would wait because it is less than 1 month. If you have a frys near you there is a chance you could get a 930 now
m
l
February 22, 2010 10:20:01 PM

edifice said:
Hey Guys,

I am just wondering if if your opinion, is the wait for the i7 930 worth it over the current 920, now I am not into OC or anything like that just at stock speed is fine by me, I just ask as I beleive that the new CPU release is supposed to be Sunday 28th Feb?! Seems a bit weird to me to release a new piece of hardware on a Sunday? Is this correct? Or have I got it completely wrong LOL, as all the info I seem to be able to find is that date, and there is no news I am aware of from Intel themselves?

And as I can't afford to do this very often, I would really appreciate your opinions as to whether the wait is worth it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!!! :D 

bought mine at frys last week for $288.00
runs like a dream in my new p6x58d premium running at 4ghz stable prime95 overnight
m
l
!