New HD 5750 (DVI/VGA/HDMI)

Lando360

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
So I just bought a new XFX Radeon HD 5750 and have it sitting in my case ready to go. The only thing I'm wondering is what cable I need to use it. It has two DVI ports and one HDMI (Maybe two, there are two slots that look the same). Now my LCD monitor is a few years old and has one DVI port and a VGA port (Which I currently use with my mobo connection). So do I need to buy a brand new $60 DVI to DVI cable or is there a way to use what I have?

And another quick question. The graphics card comes with a 6-pin connector that plugs into the main power supply (Those white tabs with 4-pin inputs. I used two of them for my graphics card as it had two 3-pin connectors). Everything inside the case was used except for a combination In/Out connector on my back Fan so is it alright if I use that?

Sort of new to high end gaming but I know what everything is and built my own PC.

Solution
Two molex for you 6pin adapter is fine just as long they come of separate leads from your psu. It is your choice to use the VGA but you need to use a adapter for it on one of your DVI ports. DVI is a digital interface and it gives sharper picture noticeable at higher resolution.
Two molex for you 6pin adapter is fine just as long they come of separate leads from your psu. It is your choice to use the VGA but you need to use a adapter for it on one of your DVI ports. DVI is a digital interface and it gives sharper picture noticeable at higher resolution.

Solution

paperfox

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
It could be your DVI cabe, there are many types of DVI cables: DVI-A, DVI-I, and DVI-D. The graphics card uses DVI-D, for best results you should use a DVI-D cable to connect to your monitor. Also a DVI-I cable should work I think...

Could you link us your monitor?

Side note: the card should come with a DVI-VGA converter so you can use your VGA cable and the converter if you want.

Lando360

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Thanks for the help and suggestions. I bought a DVI-I to DVI-I cable. My monitor is a generic LCD by NEC (Multisync LCD 1735NXM actually) nothing fancy as I've had it for a few years. Everything is working fine.

Thanks again.