Sign in with
Your question

How to copy video from vcd or dvd to flsh drive

Last response: in Storage
November 15, 2011 11:52:39 AM

i want to copy a vedio dvd to my pen drive. how can i copy. i want use the pen drive to watch that vedio plug in to a led tv.

Mail address removed by moderator.
November 15, 2011 12:13:46 PM

well im assuming its a home made movie from a cd-r or a dvd-r from a camera of sorts? I wasn't aware though that a LED TV could play digital video files, you'll have to tell us the brand and model of the TV so we can see the specifics of what formats it can handle
m
l
a c 353 G Storage
November 15, 2011 1:52:00 PM

The manual for the TV should identify the file types that it will recoginize and play.
For a DVD YOU MUST OWN the dvd. try copying a .VOB file to the thumb drive and see if the TV recognizes it. Note a single dvd .vob is upto1 gigabyte, so for a 1:30 dvd there will be upto 7 of these files and you would need the ability to select the indivdual file for play back and in sequence. I often copy a dvd .vobs to a thumbdrive so that I can watch while on an airplane vs using the DVD. I also record some TV shows to a dvd then transfer the .vobs to a thumbdrive - But this is for playback on laptop with software that recognizes and plays individual vob files.

For the other type of files simply try - it will work, or not work.

If your TV only recoginzes a specific file format then you would need software to convert a given file format to required format
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
November 15, 2011 2:35:52 PM

kd0frg said:
well im assuming its a home made movie from a cd-r or a dvd-r from a camera of sorts? I wasn't aware though that a LED TV could play digital video files, you'll have to tell us the brand and model of the TV so we can see the specifics of what formats it can handle

Sure. The only practical difference between an LCD and LED television is the form of backlighting used.
m
l
November 27, 2011 3:28:37 AM

Yeah, LED LCD TV or just LCD TV i mean hehe - but the op did refer to it as an LED TV hehe - just trying to be on the same level as the op
m
l
!