Graphics card help

The Silence

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009
Ok, I just got an nvidia 9600GT card for my computer and I installed it no problems, ok, but the issue came later, im able to get on the internet fine and everything, but when i go into games like empire: total war and company of heroes, im able to play for 20 to 30 minutes and then my computer randomly shuts down, no warning, and i have no clue why, im thinking its an overheating issue, but i want to be sure before i do anything, ill supply all the info i can about my computer

HP m8400f
Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit and also Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
AMD Phenom 9500 quad core processor 64 bit
3 Gigs of RAM
and my current card is Nvidia 8500GT
I also have a 700 watt power supply that I got back in July
I will also note that when I have my 8500GT in the computer, my computer dosent shut down, its only with the 9600GT

The Silence

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009
Yea and it still happens, like I said, its only with higher graphical games, everything else is fine, also, it idles at 50 C and as soon as i get into a game it shoots up to anywhere from 60 C to high sixties or low seventies

greliu

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Hey guys, my little brother was having the same problem, but with a different card. Anyway, it turned out that it was a setting on his windows, so that when the cpu or graphics card actually hit a specific temp ( usually during gaming ) it would restart the computer. I don't know if that's your issue, but, it's a thought

The Silence

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009
it turned out that it was a setting on his windows, so that when the cpu or graphics card actually hit a specific temp ( usually during gaming ) it would restart the computer. I don't know if that's your issue, but, it's a thought

hmm interesting, do you know how to get to the window to take a look at it?

Also, what type of faulty drivers might you be talking about

greliu

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009

That's a good question lol, I am trying to reach him and ask how he fixed the issue. Il get back asap