Mother board's bios has no overclock option

imgen

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
I have the asus cm1630 motherboard. There is no overclocking ability in the bios that i could find, there is no jumperfree option.
Any help is appreciated!

Solution

Yeah, you edited the post to a different thing, LOL. You won't have the ability to OC with that system, since it's OEM (or if there IS a way, it will be very limited). They don't want you screwing things up and sending it back for a warranty claim, lol.
It's in the Advanced section of the BIOS under the Jumper Free Configuration, according to the manual (Section 2.4, page 2-9 in the online version of the manual). From there, you can choose Manual/Auto/OC Profile/Test Mode for the CPU and it's basically the same for the other options, as well.

imgen

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012

My Bios does not seem to have the Jumper Free Configuration option.

Yeah, you edited the post to a different thing, LOL. You won't have the ability to OC with that system, since it's OEM (or if there IS a way, it will be very limited). They don't want you screwing things up and sending it back for a warranty claim, lol.

Solution
That would be great, yes, but you should be aware that you will have to reinstall Windows (almost definitely), and the version on the system you have is OEM, meaning it's tied to the motherboard it was originally installed on and can never be reactivated on another. Even if you didn't have to reinstall, it would still fail validation.

imgen

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012

So the operating system is tied to the mobo and not the harddrive? I would have to buy a copy of windows 7 correct?

imgen

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012

Would the computer boot normally without putting the new windows 7 disk in? Would it just say unregistered copy?

imgen

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012

Thank you for all of your help :)

Before you change your board, bare in mind that some boards that lack overclocking capability have programs that can let you overclock the CPU and RAM while in Windows like you can with video cards and such. Not all boards do, but you can check and see if yours does with a Google search. It probably doesn't, but it shouldn't hurt to check.