Solved

Mother board's bios has no overclock option

I have the asus cm1630 motherboard. There is no overclocking ability in the bios that i could find, there is no jumperfree option.
Any help is appreciated!
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about mother board bios overclock option
  1. It's in the Advanced section of the BIOS under the Jumper Free Configuration, according to the manual (Section 2.4, page 2-9 in the online version of the manual). From there, you can choose Manual/Auto/OC Profile/Test Mode for the CPU and it's basically the same for the other options, as well.
  2. DJDeCiBeL said:
    It's in the Advanced section of the BIOS under the Jumper Free Configuration, according to the manual (Section 2-9 in the online version of the manual). From there, you can choose Manual/Auto/OC Profile/Test Mode for the CPU and it's basically the same for the other options, as well.

    My Bios does not seem to have the Jumper Free Configuration option.
  3. Best answer
    imgen said:
    My Bios does not seem to have the Jumper Free Configuration option.


    Yeah, you edited the post to a different thing, LOL. You won't have the ability to OC with that system, since it's OEM (or if there IS a way, it will be very limited). They don't want you screwing things up and sending it back for a warranty claim, lol.
  4. DJDeCiBeL said:
    Yeah, you edited the post to a different thing, LOL. You won't have the ability to OC with that system, since it's OEM (or if there IS a way, it will be very limited). They don't want you screwing things up and sending it back for a warranty claim, lol.

    Do you think i am just better off upgrading to this? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058G65UU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A1BVYXEL822RF0
  5. That would be great, yes, but you should be aware that you will have to reinstall Windows (almost definitely), and the version on the system you have is OEM, meaning it's tied to the motherboard it was originally installed on and can never be reactivated on another. Even if you didn't have to reinstall, it would still fail validation.
  6. DJDeCiBeL said:
    That would be great, yes, but you should be aware that you will have to reinstall Windows (almost definitely), and the version on the system you have is OEM, meaning it's tied to the motherboard it was originally installed on and can never be reactivated on another. Even if you didn't have to reinstall, it would still fail validation.

    So the operating system is tied to the mobo and not the harddrive? I would have to buy a copy of windows 7 correct?
  7. imgen said:
    So the operating system is tied to the mobo and not the harddrive? I would have to buy a copy of windows 7 correct?


    Well, it's ON the HDD, but the Activation ability lies with the motherboard. But yes, you'd have to buy a new copy.
  8. DJDeCiBeL said:
    Well, it's ON the HDD, but the Activation ability lies with the motherboard. But yes, you'd have to buy a new copy.

    Would the computer boot normally without putting the new windows 7 disk in? Would it just say unregistered copy?
  9. imgen said:
    Would the computer boot normally without putting the new windows 7 disk in? Would it just say unregistered copy?


    If it will boot at all (a BIG if), yes, it would just say unregistered copy, but with no way to reactivate it.
  10. Best answer selected by imgen.
  11. DJDeCiBeL said:
    If it will boot at all (a BIG if), yes, it would just say unregistered copy, but with no way to reactivate it.

    Thank you for all of your help :)
  12. imgen said:
    Thank you for all of your help :)


    No problem! :)
  13. Before you change your board, bare in mind that some boards that lack overclocking capability have programs that can let you overclock the CPU and RAM while in Windows like you can with video cards and such. Not all boards do, but you can check and see if yours does with a Google search. It probably doesn't, but it shouldn't hurt to check.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Overclocking BIOS