mojito0

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
Hello tom community I'm a new user here and I registered to ask for some help here because even though i have done big research i haven't found any solutions to my problem. So the problem goes like this.

My head phones are the Hama CS-408 http://en.kioskea.net/guide/619552-hama-cs-408

Until like 2 days ago i managed to fix them foe the 2nd time because the wire was broken so the sound was like awful so yeah and when i tested them on my 1st desktop they were fine.
And they were also working on my 2nd PC. But the next day i installed a new Motherboard an MSI G41M-P25 http://www.msi.com/product/mb/G41M-P25.html .

On my old motherboard wich was an old Conroe I was using my headphones without some sort of driver program like Realtek for the motherboard i just inserted at the front panels and Windows 7 installed the driver automatically and music was all fine.
After I installed my new MoBo it had a CD with the drivers and to play music it required the Realtek HD Audio Manager. So yeah i installed it. Since then when I am listening to music (Youtube, media player, etc) I seem to hear only the Loud sounds and like loud bass lyrics while if the music on the song drops I can barely hear it, including the lyrics.
I read somewhere something about Sound normalization and stuff but I couldn't manage to find what's wrong. Also what seemed weird is that when i go to Realtek HD Audio manager program and open it, It shows the front and back panel. In the front panel That there are the Green and the Pink panels for Headphone and Microphone only the Pink for the microphone seems to be inserted it looks like i haven't inserted the Headphone jack at all. Please if anyone knows let me know

Does this work fine with speakers? Plus, if you want to listen with the headphones, you need to use the headphone jack, or do you mean you have it inserted in the headphone jack but the software is not seeing it?

The fact that your headphones were broken several times before pretty much points to an issue with the headphones if you checked the sound levels and it works fine with speakers or another set of headphones.

OK, great. Need to post this type of info in the original post so people are not asking you these questions.

So speakers sound great in the test, but not headphones, and those headphones have no issues in another computer.

Just to rule everything out, since headphones tend to have a better directional sound than most regular speakers, is there another headphone set you can try with your PC to see if they have the same issue?

I don't have that realtek setup on any of my PCs I am using so can't check over the settings to see what may be causing it now.

mojito0

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
Alright i just tested another set of headphones which works fine.
So now I'm confused my headphones work on another pc so they are not broken or something so it should be the pc. But another pair of headphones works on the pc so it's not the pc either x.x

mojito0

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
LOL xD oh well looks like it has to do with room correction which i can play with only on windows 7 and i don't think i want to go back to w7. Anyway thanks for your time
and your fast responses.