Hd5750 clicking noise

victor94ro

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
Hi.I'm trying to overclock my ATI Radeon Hd5750 and so far I've reached 800mhz up from the stock 700mhz.I don't like to fiddle with the memory clock as my card doesn't have memory heatsinks.So far in all my games the card is stable and never goes over 60 degrees C(memories) and 55 C(gpu) after 1 hour and a half of continous gaming but when i run Battlefield 3,i hear a very loud clicking noise which can be heard even with the fan at 100%.The noise does occur in other games but much less loud and it decreases in intensity if I lower the clocks(in BF3).My guess is that the VRM's are making the noise and I would like to know if it's dangerous for my card.I have 4 case fans:2 12cm intakes on the side panel blowing on the gpu/cpu/northbridge,one 8cm exhaust on the back of the case above the gpu and one 8cm below my HDD(fixed with zipties) blowing air below the gpu.My room temp is about 25 C.Any help would be very appreciated.

JJ1217

Honorable
Check if any wires are hitting the fans, had a similar problem, where the wires weren't held back well, so it kept on hitting the gpu fan when I accidentally nudged it.