Your question

DS5400XS Skulltrail Without Graphics Adapter

Tags:
  • Chipsets
  • Graphics Cards
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
June 25, 2010 4:32:29 PM

I've been trying to set up a headless system based on a DS5400XS mobo with NVidia Tesla C1060 compute cards but the system does not seem to want to boot if there is no graphics adapter present. I've done a lot of Googling and the most probable reason seems to be that the mobo won't proceed to loading an OS if it can't find a graphics adapter. Could this be the case and if so is there anyway to fix it?

Mobo Intel DS5400XS
CPU 2 x Xeon
OS Fedora Core 10
Bootloader grub

More about : ds5400xs skulltrail graphics adapter

a c 169 U Graphics card
a c 136 V Motherboard
June 25, 2010 5:15:28 PM

If you don't have any VGA's installed,then i don't think you can load the OS.
m
l
June 26, 2010 4:20:08 PM

Maziar said:
If you don't have any VGA's installed,then i don't think you can load the OS.

Thanks but aren't you just repeating my question? I already know that if there are no VGA installed the OS won't load. What I would like to find out is why and how to fix it...
m
l
Related resources
a c 169 U Graphics card
a c 136 V Motherboard
June 26, 2010 4:50:00 PM

Sorry for misunderstanding at first.
Well about the reason,i exactly don't know but i think its because there must be a component that displays image on the screen(VGA),and without that there won't be anything displayed and therefore it can't load the OS.
And i don't thinK there are any fixes for it
m
l
June 28, 2010 11:07:04 AM

Maziar said:
Sorry for misunderstanding at first.
Well about the reason,i exactly don't know but i think its because there must be a component that displays image on the screen(VGA),and without that there won't be anything displayed and therefore it can't load the OS.
And i don't thin there are any fixes for it

Bizarre...

I haven't found anything else yet. It has to be the mobo or maybe the bootloader because the OS doesn't care. I'm starting to suspect it might have somthing to do with it (the skulltrail) being a gamer board but even so, why won't it boot? Who cares if there's no vga...
m
l
a c 169 U Graphics card
a c 136 V Motherboard
June 28, 2010 4:29:49 PM

Have you tried RMA'ng the board ? is it still under warranty ?
m
l
!