Sign in with
Your question

Booting Problem

Last response: in Windows XP
June 22, 2012 2:21:17 PM

Hello. So I turn on my computer this morning and it automatically tried to update my backup BIOS, but when it finished it just rebooted and updated it again... this looped for about 15 mins when i realised it wasn't going anywhere I turned my computer off and back on again and the same thing happened.

So then i looked this problem up online and someone suggested, to a person with the same problem, that it might work if i reseated my RAM drives in different slots.

So I did this.. but now when I turn my computer on it won't even display anything. PLEASE HELP!

PS. there are three long beeps upon startup

More about : booting problem

June 22, 2012 7:48:51 PM

johndeering2012 said:
Hello. So I turn on my computer this morning and it automatically tried to update my backup BIOS, but when it finished it just rebooted and updated it again... this looped for about 15 mins when i realised it wasn't going anywhere I turned my computer off and back on again and the same thing happened.

So then i looked this problem up online and someone suggested, to a person with the same problem, that it might work if i reseated my RAM drives in different slots.

So I did this.. but now when I turn my computer on it won't even display anything. PLEASE HELP!

PS. there are three long beeps upon startup

Beep Codes are explained in your Computer's User/Service Manual, but since we don't know what make/model, you will have to search for it online. Seeing as how you were messing with RAM, IMO, that is the problem. Put RAM back the way it was, but boot with only one stick, then boot with the other stick. May have a bad one.
m
l
July 5, 2012 11:05:42 AM

Fixed! RAM wasn't in properly (stupid me) but the BIOS was still corrupt so i installed a Bios update from a USB key and it worked!
m
l
!