Solved

Best OC stability test program?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • MSI
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
June 4, 2012 6:51:00 PM

I'm trying to over clock my Asus Radeon HD 6670. I am using MSI Afterburner to do the OC but I don't know what to use to test if the card is stable or not. I was using MSI Kombuster, but I don't think thats the right thing to use. I got 3D furmak 11 (the free version) but I want to run a test at 1080p because that my monitor's native resolution and the basic only offers 720p. What program should I be using to test my OC stability?

More about : stability test program

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 5, 2012 2:43:21 PM

Quote:
I got 3D furmak 11

I think you mean 3Dmark11 right?

furmark is a different program. I use furmark for stability testing. It is a very stressful program, and you can set your resolution to 1920x1080 (or whatever you want) run full-screen and change other options.

Furmark is designed to heat up your GPU, so you will see higher temps in FurMark than you will anywhere else

MSI Kombustor is also a good one, (based on furmark)
m
l
June 5, 2012 3:48:40 PM

Yes! I did mean 3Dmark11! That was a bad typo I apologize. I'm confused on how to set up Kombustor. It says it uses OpenGL while 3Dmark uses DirectX 11. When I run a stress test in Kombustor I get artifacts. When I run a stress test in 3Dmark11 I don't see any artifacts. The test I'm using in Kombustor is the Kmark one at 1920x1080
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 5, 2012 3:58:30 PM

When you see artifacts, what part of the test are you running? The very end of Kombustor's test, there is a scene with yellowish lines that flash vertically on the screen, this is a part of the test. (though misleading in my opinion)

You want your GPU to be stable using any rendering technology, so any artifacts in any program are bad.
June 5, 2012 4:30:31 PM

Thats exactly what I see are those lines! They are very misleading. If you couldn't tell this is my first time over-clocking a GPU. I'll YouTube what some artifacts would look like so I can get a better idea. Thanks a lot though!
m
l
June 5, 2012 4:30:41 PM

Best answer selected by MacPCiOSAndroidGuy.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
June 5, 2012 4:34:56 PM

No problem. Happy to help
m
l
!