Sign in with
Your question

Hitachi HDD Low write speed

Last response: in Storage
November 15, 2011 6:45:46 PM

Hello guys ,first I want to say its my first post here so I am sorry if I am doing some kind of mistake.I recently bought a new PC.Now I have a problem related to the HDD.I get a pretty fast windows startup but then it starts running really slow.I use a fresh instal of WIN 7, and my C drive is empty while I only have some music in D.Playing games results in a smooth performance but I get a 2-3 sec freeze and then the game either contuinues or crashes.While recording with fraps, even an old game i get fps ranging from 5-30 while with no recording i get over 100fps.
I did a Crystal Disk benchmark and my SATA3 Hitachi 1TB 32mb cache gets 180Mb read speed(normal)but only 13mb write.Tests were done 3 times with no other program running (uTorrent Skype etc) after idle-ing the system for 15minutes.I tried switching 2 SATA3 cables that are conformed working but with no luck.The company that assembled my PC suggested that my
PSU is insuficient.Here are my PC specs so you know everything and maybe give me suggestions.

Mobo - Asrock Pro3 P67 b3 revision ofc.
CPU - Intel Core i5 2500k
GPU - PALIT GTX 560TI
RAM - Kingston HyperX 1600Mxz 2x2GB
HDD - SATA3 6/Gbit Hitachi 1TB 32 mb Chache
Case - Cooler Master Elite 430 with the 500w PSU from CM too
Thank you very much, will apreciate ur effort
a b G Storage
November 15, 2011 8:52:22 PM

Have you tried disabling your virus protection? That can really slow it down, especially if you accidentally have two or more installed.

It is not the PSU; your CPU takes MUCH more power.
!