• Tuner Cards
  • TV
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 11, 2009 1:35:41 PM

hello all,

I'm planning to buy 5770 card. Right now i'm using radeon 2600, i've been trying to do a dual-display with same screen display (let's say playing a movie in 19" monitor and the same movie will also be played in the 32" TV). I've made the resolution same, but what I can do is only extending it, so the 2 displays won't give the same screen, it only extended. The only option for dual-display is to extend it (in windows XP SP3, i don't know if there's any diff with Vista/7), so either it extends, or i de-activate one display.

If I use 5770, will it still be like that? or even better, can I put 2 different display at once without using any DisplayPort adapter?

regards,
c_Faust

More about : 5770 monitor lcd

Best solution

a b C Monitor
December 11, 2009 5:01:59 PM

For the reccord I am using vista but the steps should be the same.

Are you using Catalyst Controll Center? Go to Desktop & Displays in CCC Advanced window and right click and deactivate/disabe the display. At first this made my second screen blank but all you have to do is turn it off and on again and the screen now shows a clone of the first.

for the 5770 you can have the first two monitors attached to any combination of the 2 DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort. Its just the 3rd monitor has to be Displayport.
edit: Accidently hit the submit button to soon.
December 18, 2009 12:01:28 AM

sorry, I was a bit caught up with formatting n stuffs. I've tried it and it works~~ :) .

thx :) 

regards,
c_Faust
m
l
!