blank (black) screen after resume from hibernate

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

X-Post, please set f'up to the appropriate group

whenever i go into hibernate mode, and resume then, windows loads fine
until the point where the welcome screen should appear. there it crashes
with a blank screen (not even a montior signal)
pressing the power-button to shutdown doesnt help, i have to switch off
(pressing 5sec)

how can this be fixed?

thx in advance
Markus

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Hi Markus

No error messages to work with? See if there any entries in the Event
Viewer which may point to the problem.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Markus Loeffler" <light4@gmx.net> wrote in message
> X-Post, please set f'up to the appropriate group
>
> whenever i go into hibernate mode, and resume then, windows loads fine
> until the point where the welcome screen should appear. there it crashes
> with a blank screen (not even a montior signal)
> pressing the power-button to shutdown doesnt help, i have to switch off
> (pressing 5sec)
>
> how can this be fixed?
>
> thx in advance
> Markus

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Markus Loeffler wrote:

> X-Post, please set f'up to the appropriate group
>
> whenever i go into hibernate mode, and resume then, windows loads fine
> until the point where the welcome screen should appear. there it crashes
> with a blank screen (not even a montior signal)
> pressing the power-button to shutdown doesnt help, i have to switch off
> (pressing 5sec)
>
> how can this be fixed?
>
> thx in advance
> Markus

Did this just start? Did it use to return from hibernate before? If so
what happened in the interim - software / driver / hardware changes?
If recent how about trying a system restore to when it was working.

Will Denny wrote:
> Hi Markus
>
> No error messages to work with? See if there any entries in the Event
> Viewer which may point to the problem.

nothing there

Markus Loeffler wrote:
> X-Post, please set f'up to the appropriate group
>
> whenever i go into hibernate mode, and resume then, windows loads fine
> until the point where the welcome screen should appear. there it
> crashes with a blank screen (not even a montior signal)
> pressing the power-button to shutdown doesnt help, i have to switch
> off (pressing 5sec)
>
> how can this be fixed?
>
> thx in advance
> Markus

Many knowledgable posters will not respond to a request cross-posted to
the entire known universe since they assume that others will.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Rock wrote:
> Markus Loeffler wrote:
>
>> X-Post, please set f'up to the appropriate group
>>
>> whenever i go into hibernate mode, and resume then, windows loads fine
>> until the point where the welcome screen should appear. there it
>> crashes with a blank screen (not even a montior signal)
>> pressing the power-button to shutdown doesnt help, i have to switch
>> off (pressing 5sec)
>>
>> how can this be fixed?
>>
>> thx in advance
>> Markus
>

> Did this just start? Did it use to return from hibernate before? If so
> what happened in the interim - software / driver / hardware changes? If
> recent how about trying a system restore to when it was working.

with my last installation this happend occasionally, but was not
reproducable. with my new installation, this started right at the moment
when i activated hibernation and tried it out.