ALIENNET

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Hi im new to the forum, so i hope im posting in the correct section..lol. anyway i just built a new system and hope someone can give me so ideas how to give it a mild OC, The sys consists of the following, asrock 990fx ext 3 mobo, amd fx6200 cpu, 2x4gb amd memory 1600, eco r120 watercool, geforce gtx260 graphics, crucial 128gb ssd, corsair 600w psu, i would appreciate if someone could recommend eg: cpu voltage,multiplier, mem voltage,etc: Many TNX.

Augray37

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
Well, I'm no expert, but since you haven't gotten any answers yet I'll give it a go. I have a phenom ii x4 955 c3 stepping CPU, which is pretty similar to yours, but it every cpu is different. I used an application called AMD Overdrive, and prime 95 for stability testing. My mobo doesn't have great OC tools, so I just used the application. I'm currently running it @ 3.8ghz at 1.3875V and 57C at full load (19x multiplier). Decreasing the voltage tends to decrease temperature, but too much can cause instability. That's been my golden rule for OCing anyway, seems to have worked well enough. If the computer doesn't boot, just reset your CMOS jumper (two pins out of three are covered by jumper, remove jumper and cover other two pins for a few seconds, then place jumper back on original two pins). There are good over clocking articles out there, a quick google search will find them.

jewals11

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011

Usually stock voltage for your cpu is hi, so up your multiplier 1/2 at a time till prime 95 or your computer is unstable. Use core temp and cupid to monitor, then up the voltage on the cpu .0125 at a time till it is stable with prime 95 and your temp is below say 60c. Keep your ram below or at 1600 mhz nb at whatever stock is and the same with ht. You should be able to hit 4.5 and cool temps. Regarding your memory keep stock voltage and timings. Hope that helps.

jewals11

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
with core temp add 10c, so 50c with core temp readings should be the highest temps you would want to see, but l am guessing at the max temp for the fx cpu that you have. As for the multiplier you should be in the realm of 23 on stock voltage.