Sign in with
Your question

New ram, no video

Last response: in Motherboards
June 26, 2010 12:34:02 AM

Hello,

I have a P4 Gateway 500 series. Just bought 2 512mb memory sticks as an upgrade, and after install, get 3 long beeps at boot up. The monitor connected to this desktop won't give me any video.

I removed and reseated the memory, but no luck. Even tried installing a seperate video card, but still get beeps and no video.

I put the original memory back in, this time with no error beeps, but still no video.

Any suggestions on how to fix the video? I removed the BIOS battery just to see if that would help, but to no avail.

Thanks for your help

More about : ram video

a c 128 } Memory
a c 435 V Motherboard
June 26, 2010 11:44:39 PM

You need to list your old ram specs, and the new ram specs as well. You may have damaged the ram slots if you used the wrong type.
July 7, 2010 3:14:46 AM

Sorry about that. It's PC 2100, the same as current 128 mb sticks that are on the motherboard. Crucial's website says the max for this motherboard is 2 sticks of PC 2100 or PC 2700, up to 1 GB. When I replaced the original memory later, the computer started working again.

I'm still unable to figure out why the new memory won't work, so I'm sending it back.

Thanks for the help.
!