Sign in with
Your question

Budget MOBO w/ AGP + Core 2 quad

Last response: in Motherboards
June 26, 2010 1:31:54 AM

I just bought Q8300 and found it was not compatible (old mobo was P5PE-VM). I'm looking for a budget motherboard (max 80 dollars) that has AGP, and core 2 quad. In other words, it will be compatible with an ATI Radeon 4670 AGP, and Intel Q8300. So far, newegg.ca only has the AGP motherboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Is that motherboard any good? And is asrock any good? I've never heard of them... And if anybody can find me a good AGP motherboard with Core 2 quad support (socket LGA775 aswell) I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot guys.!
a c 435 V Motherboard
June 26, 2010 11:21:02 AM

Try selling your old agp card on your local craigslist. It's free. The asrock board works, just limits you to 2 gigs of ddr or ddr2. 2 gigs will barely run windows 7. Why not do a proper upgrade and ditch the agp? Newegg has plenty of pci-e video cards for around $75 that are faster and will permit you to run faster and larger capacities of ram on a newer board. They also have plenty of boards for about the same price as the asrock, such as a g41 or p43. If you need to purchase ram, go with ddr3. It's only about $20 extra for 4 gigs. If you get a pci-e card, go with evga or sparkle. They offer a lifetime warranty for registering online.
!