Muffin's Build Log-Blueberry Muffins

To be build log. Ordering rad etc. today, (6/7/12) cpu block arrived yesterday :)

It's a blue themed build, lots of blue fans, and blue tubing.

System I'm cooling:
CPU-i7-2600k
Motherboard-Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3
GPU-EVGA GTX550TI
RAM-16GB Patriot Sector 7
Case-CM 690 II Advanced
PSU-Antec HCG620W

Watercooling Loop:
CPU Block-Danger Den DD-M6

Radiator-XSPC EX240

Reservoir-XSPC Dual Bay Res

Pump-Alphacool VPP655

Fittings-1/2" x 3/4" Chrome XSPC Compression Fittings
Tubing-1/2" x 3/4" Watts Tubing
Fans-2x Cooler Master Sickleflow 120mm

The build is officially done! 7/2/12

My favorite image:
89 answers Last reply
More about muffin build blueberry muffins
  1. I have to show up at school on the 26th :fou:

Oh, sweet pictures.
  2. 12th June is just 6 days away. Can you sleep at night?? :D
  3. bartholomew said:
    12th June is just 6 days away. Can you sleep at night?? :D

geometry final tomorrow :fou:
  4. amuffin said:
    geometry final tomorrow :fou:

And you have WC in your mind!?! Rep+
    True enthusiast :D
  5. Cpu block arrived today!
    THANKS CYANSNOW!

Photos will be uploaded later ;)
  6. Will this be your build log? and sounds good man, looking forward to seeing the finished product.
  7. CrestfallenDesign said:
    Will this be your build log? and sounds good man, looking forward to seeing the finished product.

It will evolve into one, later on that is.
  8. Flagski
    Moto
  9. nice to see the start of your loop hope to see the rest soon and have fun learn what you can and reap the benefits of your labors.
  10. Good to finally see some watercooling blueberry muffin style...Looking forward to seeing it evolve
  11. Great to finally see some solid progress!
  12. glad to see my block went to someone who cares about it, i hope you enjoy it and have a good time watercooling, for me half the experience is building the loop and the other half is using it.
  13. Other parts are going to be picked up next week sometime :)
  14. could you please resize your heavy bottomed images :P ?
  15. Lutfij said:
    could you please resize your heavy bottomed images :P ?

One day I will, one day.... :sol:
  16. Pics will be re-sized later this week!
    Parts ordered and will be picked up later this week!
  17. I'm looking foward to a themed build - old-school beige with blue components :P

Next up - chocolate or banana nut?
  18. :lol: ah reminds me of the times my parents took us to Baskin N Robbins - for teh weekend :P mmm mmm mmm.
  19. Oh god the images! They buuuuurn!

Looking forward to seeing some progress. Good luck!
  20. boiler1990 said:
    I'm looking foward to a themed build - old-school beige with blue components :P

Next up - chocolate or banana nut?

Maybe for the hackintosh :sol:
  21. ^Support on chocolate. Googling only turns up one brown case, though, and it isn't WC-ready (the Sigma La Vie), so you may have to get into the shop part of custom builds and do some spray painting. I wish I could too, but apartments are apartments.
    Didn't even notice the images were huge. Cable FTW.
  22. Doesn't do my mobiles data plan any good though :-(
    Moto
  23. All of the parts have arrived!!!!!

Won't get working until I'm done with math though :cry:
  24. Nice to have everything there though, maybe Mom will at least let you rinse out the blocks and rad though?
    Moto
  25. Motopsychojdn said:
    Nice to have everything there though, maybe Mom will at least let you rinse out the blocks and rad though?
    Moto

She let me open up the compression fittings and take a look at other stuff though. Then she put the other stuff away :cry: Anyways, I have the fittings out and I can take pics of them.

Showed the fittings to my dad, so tomorrow we're most likely going to go out and get some watts tubing :)
  26. Remember to take a ftting with you to the shop :)
    whats the diameter?
    errr....
    that big? /guesses with fingers
    :P
    Moto
  27. Of course i'll take them with me :P
  28. Good lad, cause you can't take us :)
    unless ofc you have a dataplan and post on toms while you're in the queue :P
    Moto
  29. Suscribed!
    Where are the pictures though? :(
  30. -Jackson said:
    Suscribed!
    Where are the pictures though? :(

I took them down, well they were just pics of the CPU block.

I'm going to update the pics this weekend, of everything. I might actually finish WC this weekend~! [:lutfij:4]
  31. Motopsychojdn said:
    Nice to have everything there though, maybe Mom will at least let you rinse out the blocks and rad though?
    Moto

SVC already tested my pump/res combo for me. This is because I bought the Dual bay res with alphacool vpp655 preinstalled, so they had to check to see if it worked. When I opened the box up it had some distilled water left. Should I flush the res/pump?

BTW how do I flush the rad?
  32. Jumper your PSU and connect it to a pump and run water through the rad I guess?
  33. Fill the rad about two thirds fullwith distilled and white vinegar mix 90/10, about two thirds full, put your thumbs over the ports and shae like a sixties dancing girl,
    rinse that out and refill, repeat a couple of times and finaly flush with plain istilled,
    but yes, you could assemble the loop and cycle vinegar/distilled for a half hour, then flush with plain distilled, cycle that for a bit and you should be good
    Moto
  34. Can I use lemon juice?
  35. I wouldn't use lemon juice to flush no, clean blocks yes, but not to flush
    Moto
  36. A few questions from my dad.

1. Is white vinegar conductive?

2. After shaking around the rad, how do we get the distilled water/white vinegar left overs in the rad out?

3. How long should we shake the rad around?
  37. I'd probably guess by pumping water through the rad and letting the water come out through the other side into the sink (that is, assuming you're doing this at a sink) since the water will push the leftovers all out.
  38. For the CPU block I just take it apart and submerge the stuff in some lemon juice for a few minutes. Then, I scrub the parts with a tooth brush right?
  39. I believe also with ketchup if you're cleaning the block
  40. No need to deep clean them initially, just rinse with distilled, and definitely don't ever submerge in lemon juice ever lol,
    if/when your blocks are gunked up and tarnished-looking,
    then mix up a 50/50 lemon juice and salt mix,
    dip a toothbrush into the mix and scrub, no prolonged contact is needed and may in fact cause issues
    White vinegar probably is conductive due to being waterbased and again, its a corrosive substance (Acetic acid) so no ideas about having that as your cooling liquid please :P
    Jackson is bang on, if you can 'build' the loop and run it to a bucket then it will filter the gunk from manufacture out into the bucket, I wouldn't use a kitchen sink as most are aluminium, bad!
    I loop into a plastic bucket that only ever gets used for my W/c stuff, once its bled and cycling through I can walk away for an hour while everything cleans itself,
    have the feedline from the loop lower in the bucket than the line taking out, and tie some muslin over the one taking out, just to avoid anything getting back into the loop
    but you don't need lemon juice/salt mix or ketchup just for initial rinsing, they are used to scrub later on (bout 6 months time)
    depending on how often you want to flush ofc :)
    Hi Mr Muffin as well, :hello:
    Moto
  41. Looks like my discoveries as a kid are of some practical use in watercooling! :lol:
  42. Engineering point of view,
    everything has a purpose, its just finding the application that fits :)
    Moto
  43. Most kitchen sinks are stainless steel as many foods will actually react with aluminum. :)
  44. Ty for the correction Rubix,
    Moto
  45. I FINISHED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
  46. The whole loop?
    Pictures! Now!
  47. Photos uploaded! :)
  48. Wow! Looks so clean. Good job :)

Can't say the same for the cable management though :lol: :whistle:
  49. -Jackson said:
    Wow! Looks so clean. Good job :)

Can't say the same for the cable management though :lol: :whistle:

Just wanted to get it all running and have it on for a night. Tomorrow is when I fix the cables :kaola:
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Build CPUs Overclocking