Solved

I need a stock 1155 cooler!

So I just traded a amd phenom ii 955 for an i5 2500k but I had to trade my noctua nh-d14 with it too . At the moment I am short on cash so I can't buy a decent cooler yet and don't wanna go cheap with a hyper 212 ( not saying it's bad, just want better!) So if any of you have a stock 1155 cooler laying around, I'll pay you 10$ for it (including shipping, that's how much it's worth really) I am in the US too so it should be a lot easier and cheaper to ship.

Thanks!

Aleb

P.S I couldn't find a wanted section I could post in, but if there is, could any of you admins move it there? Haha thanks.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about stock 1155 cooler
  1. Just look on your local craigslist. This is a tech forum, not a place to post want ads ;)
  2. I'm confused as to why you are buying a stock cooler for 10 but don't want to spend 20 and get something you can OC with... you do have a 2500k after all.
  3. Yeah I have been looking on craigslist but I live in tw middle of nowhere so there aren't many builders :(

And the reason I posted here was because I am guessing most of you have one laying around. It is just temporary until I can buy another noctua or an h100. Like I said, I don't wanna go cheap! It'll cost me more in the end anyways.

And I can overclock on stock cooler, i've gotten up to 4.1-4.2 ghz stable before, when I had my first one.
  4. newegg.com

get a cheap one with free shipping
  5. Quote:
    At the moment I am short on cash so I can't buy a decent cooler yet and don't wanna go cheap with a hyper 212 ( not saying it's bad, just want better!)

So, what are you wanting to save up for? another nh-d14? Why not try out the 212? You might end up being satisfied and not need to spend ~$80-$90

My 2500k @ 4.6 with my 212+ stays around 70C under prime95 load
  6. Yeah I was thinking about getting another noctua nh-d14, just because it is sooo quite and runs like a champ. It kept my amd cpu below or around 40c at all times. But I've also heard great things from the 212+. I May give it a shot, but right now I can seriously only spend 10-15$. I just saw a pretty decent cooler on newegg so I might buy that to hold me off for a couple of days, maybe a week or two.
  7. Best answer
    alright, if all you need is a quick fix, this would do fine:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835226047
  8. Yup, that's the one I was looking at too. Looks pretty decent to me! I'll buy it tonight once I get home.

So, what would you recommend, H100 or NH-d14?
  9. For the price, NH-D14.

You save ~$20 and if you have space in your case, NH-D14 performs as well or better than closed loop systems.
  10. Alright cool. Thanks guys for your replies!
  11. Best answer selected by Aleb.
  12. sure.

If you have what you need, please mark a best answer so the mods close the thread.

Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like you're way ahead of me ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Intel i5 Overclocking