DVD-rw drive not recognized

September 18, 2004 3:15:04 PM

Have a laptop with XP Pro.CPU is Pentium M 1400 MHz, 1 GB
Ram, Centrino. All known updates have been performed.

The port for CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive works fine. Tested by
putting in a NEW HDD and booted to then CD-RW/DVD-RW
Drive, Worked fine. Put in battery pack in same slot and
Extra battery shows up.

When XP boots with CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive inside I only get
the Start-up Screen, startup hangs and never completes.

When the system is running and I take the battery pack
out and put in CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive the system comes to an
almost, stand still. CPU usage at 100%.

When I try to boot in safe mode it hangs at the MUP.SYS

I called ASUS support about this and they said it is not
a known issue with their hardware.

Please advice.

Humbly,

More about : dvd drive recognized

Anonymous
September 22, 2004 1:53:03 AM

Is anybody out there going to respond to my request for help?