Compatibility for radeon HD5770

etwannabe

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
I have a gateway dx4200
it has a AMD Phenom X4 9750 64 bit quad
core/integrated ATI RadeonHD 3200 graphics.

mainboard:Gateway

RS780,Chipset:AMD780G,Southbridge ATI

SB700,LPCIO: ITE IT87818.

to ensure compatibility on upgrade,I wanted
to know if these choices will get me
there-
[goal: 7.1 HDMI audio output for
blu-ray]. via anydvdhd, pvd9-[says will output loss-less HDMI with this card]

card: make sure card will fit is #1 so

suggest/clarify.
sappire radeon HD 5770 (I see it doesn't
vent outside,but only used for HD playback)

power supply: 550 watt ultra lifetime.

Want to order asap for xmas savings. Am I in
the safe zone on choices?

Solution
Well if you want to game at high resolution(1920x1080+) the HD5770 is the best choice. Below that the other cards are worth considering instead.
FYI none of these cards are that long so unless your case is low proifile(skinny) they should all fit fine.

etwannabe

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009

right now, its get a card that fits and allows lossless 7.1 output through HDMI...
as far as gaming, if any in the future, it would only be on the light side; I considered the 5770 as a more powerful choice for that reason.

first thing-compatibility for mob and SIZE to install without issue...makes sense,no... appreciate your considered opinions.
If you have more let me know, and thanks.

Well if you want to game at high resolution(1920x1080+) the HD5770 is the best choice. Below that the other cards are worth considering instead.
FYI none of these cards are that long so unless your case is low proifile(skinny) they should all fit fine.

Solution

etwannabe

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
indeed, good reply; and to be more specific I.m glad you confirmed the size issue, it's a full size case.
I have spent myself out upgrading to do 1080p:
Primarily, I'm an old musician, still love good musical concerts etc. on blu-ray.
to meet criteria for that [or 1080p gaming],my upgrade equipment went to the good stuff:
Panasonic S1 65" plasma
Marantz 7.1 sr 5004
speakers: 7.1 Dali and Def Tech
to get where I need to go from here looks like a 5770 is a hi quality match, at only $20+ more than a 5750. I will be content to limit the games to limitations of the 5770, but the only card that makes sense for 1080p payback on this equipment is the 5770.
I have just enough $ left for the upgraded psu and card at around $200, so given those parameters of usage, it's best to make sure of what I'm doing, not being hi tech in the computer card area- I just want everything to "play together nice" and not make me jump through more hoops gettin it to work.
I am still having problems with win 7 and installing pdvd 9. so...been there done that to many times, I'm 62 and my head hurts just remembering all the pc past issues; I have no doubt thats why your here on the site to help old farts like me, huh...appreciate the feedback more than words.