Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Looking for a decent modular PSU

Last response: in Components
February 21, 2010 4:27:38 AM

Im looking to get a new modular PSU to help clean up my case some. Right now I have a PC P&C Silencer 750w, which is a great PSU however I'm would like something that won't leave me with a bunch of excess cables bunched up in the bottom of my case. Specs as of now:

Q9550 o/c'ed to 3.4ghz w/Tuniq Tower Extreme
EVGA 750i FTW
2X GTX260 Core 216 SC
8gb DDR2 1066
2x 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3
Antec 900(4 fans)

I'm kinda looking at this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... seems excellent for the price, 5 year warranty and a $25 MIR to boot. Seems like it would work well for my build, but I thought I'd ask the experts first before buying. Is it a good PSU???

I like Corsair PSU but the price of they're modulars are a little steep for me. Anyways thanks for looking.

More about : decent modular psu

February 21, 2010 4:34:55 AM

I don't think it'll fit in the Antec 900
m
l

Best solution

February 21, 2010 1:23:28 PM

Take that little step and buy a Corsair PSU..is more safer for u. Don't touch TT,CM PSU 's.

U really need a modular PSU? U have a SLI based system, therefore u use enough cables and u can "hide" the few extra cables remaining non used. Is worth a minimum of 40$ premium price for modular feature?
Related resources
February 27, 2010 6:27:19 AM

Best answer selected by jalpaugh1978.
m
l
February 27, 2010 6:33:52 AM

technuttso said:
Take that little step and buy a Corsair PSU..is more safer for u. Don't touch TT,CM PSU 's.

U really need a modular PSU? U have a SLI based system, therefore u use enough cables and u can "hide" the few extra cables remaining non used. Is worth a minimum of 40$ premium price for modular feature?

I got on Ebay and won a case for $100. It's a Silverstone Raven 2. From the looks of it I will not have any trouble hiding my cables on my PC P&C PSU. It's a full tower and the whole setup just looks like it's gonna be great.
m
l
!