Sign in with
Your question

BSOD after coming out of standby S3 - New Windows 8 Installation

Last response: in Windows 8
December 30, 2012 9:55:23 PM

Hi,

I just installed a new copy of windows 8 pro 64 bit. It's been a couple of months that i am getting bsod just after coming back of a standby/sleep.

I have tested my memory with memtest+ and windows memory diagnostic and everything is fine.

I got 3 BSOD so far PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe
IMAGE_NAME: memory_coruption
IMAGE_NAME: memory_coruption

Now I am testing my computer without using any sleep/standby, the computer has been running for 2 days without any errors.

I tried to swap my memory sticks, didn't work. I also uncheck my D-Link DWA-542 N Desktop Adapter so Windows does not turn it off to save energy, that didn't work also.

Here are my 3 mini dump files : http://www.2shared.com/file/GmxBQtm6/Windows_BSOD_Error...

I need help!!! Thanks!!
December 30, 2012 10:17:05 PM

Last time I had issues with resuming from standy/sleep was in Windows 7 and a BIOS update resolved the issue. I didn't get a BSOD resuming from sleep, my computer just wouldn't resume. It would remain on a black blank screen after the Windows resuming message. Is there a BIOS update for your motherboard?
m
l
December 31, 2012 5:46:57 AM

BIOS is already updated to last version :( 
m
l
Related resources
December 31, 2012 8:46:49 AM

There's a bug in one of your drivers.
Event Viewer might be able to reveal which one.
m
l
December 31, 2012 8:52:27 AM

double check your hardware, also check Hybrid sleep is disabled

replace ALL drivers, have the latest? downgrade one step if you have to

memory speeds, lower one grade (1600 -> 1333 etc)

on the other hand iv never owned a desktop that goes into standby correctly...
m
l
a b } Memory
December 31, 2012 9:00:45 AM

I had similar symptoms when I had a sandforce SSD installed. Swapped corsair for a crucial M4 and the problem went away.
m
l
January 2, 2013 3:58:32 AM

Just got a BSOD 10 min ago, avast was uninstalled and hybrid sleep disabled. I have put the dump file here

http://www.2shared.com/file/AG4zZTBC/010213-15366-01.ht...

I will try downgrading my Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller drivers and I will try to use only 1 stick of RAM and test each one of them even if memtest+ were good.

Anyone else know what might cause this?

Thanks
m
l
January 7, 2013 3:54:35 PM

I tested my memory sticks one by one in memtest+, sometimes it show errors, sometimes not.

I have manually set the memory timings and voltage to try to fix my BSOD problems, i don't think it solved the problem but for now I don't get any memtest+ errors but I had BSOD without even going in standby.

I need to do more testing in memtest+.

I am unable to run Prime95 correctly, the workers fail between 1 hour to 5 hours,

Could it be my memory controller on my motherboard? Is there any way i can test it without trying to run my PC with another mobo?

Thanks
m
l
!