Sign in with
Your question
Closed

OCZ Gold vs OCZ Obsidian?

Last response: in Memory
a b } Memory
June 28, 2010 6:49:16 AM

Hey :) 
Its really strange that the Obsidian is more expensive because the Gold model has lower timings.I think its because the Gold series have usually been the cheapest between OCZ RAMs
June 28, 2010 6:55:46 AM

Maziar said:
Hey :) 
Its really strange that the Obsidian is more expensive because the Gold model has lower timings.I think its because the Gold series have usually been the cheapest between OCZ RAMs

I thinks it's just for the looks, I mean if I could afford it I would definetely get the Obsidian they look freakin' AWESOME, but is it worth £17? No :kaola: 
Related resources
June 28, 2010 7:04:10 PM

abswindows7 said:
Stay away from ocz for ram, they are cheap for a reason.

grab g.skills trident :
http://legitreviews.com/images/news/2010/gskill_trident...

Those are awesome,killer ram.

1. That has nothing to do with the post
2. We're not all stuck-up rich people like you if you can afford that and just say that like it costs you nothing
3. OCZ is actually very good. Just because it's cheap doesn't always mean it's bad. I've often gotten things better for cheaper as a matter of fact.
June 28, 2010 7:22:22 PM

In term of price it's almost the same price range as ocz and it's 10x times better

1- Same price range
2- thighter timings
3- some are low voltage ( eco brand @ 1.35 ) slightly more expensive
4- ocz failed on me many times, I'm speaking of experience.
5- I was simply giving my opinion and the trident are so better looking than the ocz one's.
6- Yes it has to do with the post : I'm preventing people to buy the wrong product.
June 28, 2010 7:40:05 PM

abswindows7 said:
In term of price it's almost the same price range as ocz and it's 10x times better

1- Same price range
2- thighter timings
3- some are low voltage ( eco brand @ 1.35 ) slightly more expensive
4- ocz failed on me many times, I'm speaking of experience.
5- I was simply giving my opinion and the trident are so better looking than the ocz one's.
6- Yes it has to do with the post : I'm preventing people to buy the wrong product.

Well you've made it clear that you DID NOT READ THE ORIGINAL POST. Because you didn't bother to answer the original post, because the RAM you mentioned is no where near the price range of the RAM in my post, because this has nothing to do with preventing people from buying OCZ, but also because as I said before this has NOTHING to do with it, stop arguing because you ARE WRONG. Telling me OCZ is crap and telling me to buy some expensive stuff has nothing to do with my question. You are terribly stubborn.

Oh and by the way just because you've had bad experiences with OCZ doesn't mean they're crap. In fact I've been buying from them for years and have never had a single problem. And if they were bad quality and failed all the time how would they be one of the leading companies in computer components?

Why don't you go make your own thread where you can flame OCZ all you like? In the mean time, leave this thread.
June 28, 2010 8:06:58 PM

at least I'm not starting a thread about a timing difference ... You answered your own question : You need to be rich to buy them. like if being rich is 120$ ... You need to grow up and yes I did read your post, and there is nothing else I could have said.

The only reason I see why they would be more expensive is offer/demand or retarded web site from where you saw them. And trident are same price, +/-20$

And the fact that you never had any problems with them doesn't mean it doesn't sucks. It does sucks. Leading compagnies looooooll The day I see a computer with an ocz power supply and memory I'll laugh at the owner's face ( probably you since you love ocz ) They only sell power supply and memory if I'm not wrong. Tell me how they surpass asus or gigabytes ? Name them ... ocz isn't first and won't ever be. You neither

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...
June 28, 2010 8:22:38 PM

If you didn't have anything else to say then you shouldn't say anything RETARD

And I didn't answer my own question as I simply asked if there were any other differences. RETARD

Oh so Overclockers UK (the leading retailer in this market in the UK) is a retarded website? Ok you are the RETARD.

""And the fact that you never had any problems with them doesn't mean it doesn't sucks. It does sucks.""??? EXCUSE ME but YOU started this by saying OCZ sucks just because you had bad experiences... I smell a RETARD here...

And AGAIN you didn't read my post as I didn't say OCZ was THE LEADING COMPANY, nor did I say they beat Asus or anybody else. Hmmmm,,, I can only think of one word to call you... care to guess? RETARD

Can a moderator please close this so I don't have to listen to this RETARD anymore? Thank you.
a b } Memory
June 28, 2010 8:33:34 PM

Calm down guys,watch your language when you post.
to abswindows7
The OP seems to have the choices between 2 OCZ RAMs only
As OP's request,this thread is closed
!