forex

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
My Host just closed my account for CPU usage!
i signed with justhost one month ago for a forex website (no trading)just information and education with post website, i already have 4 or 5 pages! after they suspended my account within few hours i got this email (As you probably aware, here at Just Host we proactively monitor all our servers to ensure that our clients websites are loading as fast as possible at all times. During this routine monitoring we
have found that your account is utilizing an excessive amount of system resources, and we have been forced to suspend your site as per our terms and conditions '10% CPU/MEM/MySQL Policy'

For your reference, here is a copy of your usage report:

Top Process %CPU 45.0 /usr/bin/php /home/fastcas4/public_html/index.php

%MySQL 12.0

Just Host offer unlimited hosting space and unlimited bandwidth, but as per our terms we will suspend any website which exceeds our 10% CPU/MEM/MySQL policy. We hope that you understand our position in
ensuring that we provide the best possible service. In order to continue to provide this high quality service, you will need to upgrade to a dedicated server, which will give you an abundance of
additional resources and speed up your website.)

Now my question how this happen? this is new website! few pages, about 4 flash ads and adsense with couple of amazon books!
i am using wordpress and i was trying plugins but i also tried to download SiteBuilder Elite through filezilla!
i just started out this website business and i hardly made $6.20 for the month of February with those few pages!
please can someone advise me on what to do?
i did sign with inmotion for business account and i was told if this CPU is high then i need private server which cost lots of money!! i don't know how people with 200 sites do it! Any advise please?
thanks

That more of a software level issue than a hardware issue which is more what we specialize in here.

What types of pages were you hosting? What plugins were you using? If they have a restriction on server side CPU usage you want to try to offload as much as possible to client side. HTML, CSS, JavaScript are all client side, PHP and mySQL are server side, if you have large numbers of intricate PHP/mySQL pages you could get up to 10% CPU usage.

You may want to use a paid for host, they wont give you unlimited space and bandwidth but you also wont have CPU usage restrictions. The reason people with hundreds of sites can maintain them is because most web development companies make quite a bit per hour of work because its a fairly specialize skill. Adwords arent going to make you the money, doing work for other people and getting paid for it will.

r_manic

Administrator
Sorry OP, just saw this question now. Hunter315's question are correct. You need to be more specific about the software you use on your website. Wordpress?

In my experience, my Wordpress blog triggered some CPU usage warnings from my hosting provider. I investigated a bit and found that a popular post (20% of my site's traffic, over 2k comments) was the cause of the issue.

The quick solution (which still works for me) was to install caching software, and paginate my comments, so that my CMS wouldn't need to load so much content over and over again. Hope this helps!