How do you install the i/o backplate on the Lancool K-62?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skooby

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
This is my first build and I don't know where I am missing something. I got a asus P7P55D-E Pro Mother that comes with a Q-Shield (i/o backplate).

Everytime I try to place it on the spacers to screw it in it knocks the q-shield off. It also has this little metal thing over the keyboard slot. I don't know what that is or what to do with it.

I don't know where I'm going wrong. There isn't really a place to slide the shield on the K-62.

Solution
Once you remove the original shield that came with the case, you should be able to insert the Asus shield from the inside of the case before mounting the motherboard. When inserting the motherboard, slightly lift the tab over the keyboard connector and then slide the motherboard into place. That tab provides additional grounding.
Once you remove the original shield that came with the case, you should be able to insert the Asus shield from the inside of the case before mounting the motherboard. When inserting the motherboard, slightly lift the tab over the keyboard connector and then slide the motherboard into place. That tab provides additional grounding.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.