Problem...

None of the objects I've downloaded are loading into the game. I've
reinstalled the game and still nothing. Anyone out there know what to do?

"Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> wrote in message
> None of the objects I've downloaded are loading into the game. I've
> reinstalled the game and still nothing. Anyone out there know what to do?

Do you have "Custom Objects shown in Catalog" enabled in the game options?

Do you have the color enabler from the simPE site? You need that in order
to see some of the recolored furniture.
Also, make sure you are looking in the right spots in the game.
Floors and walls do show under whatever category the creator put them in.
For objects, you have to click the type of object, then choose from the
flyout. User-made objects will have a star (asterisk) on them.
You may have to scroll in the dialogs to see all the items.
Same goes for makeup and clothes, as far as the star and the scrolling.
Ready made sims will be in the area where you create a sim, you just need to
click the button for a ready-made sim after you decide the family name and
male or female, adult, etc.

"Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> wrote in message
> None of the objects I've downloaded are loading into the game. I've
> reinstalled the game and still nothing. Anyone out there know what to do?

stupid question ;-)
Did you install them properly ? unpacked them ?and then did get the
installer file ?
all downloads ? houses ,walls floors ,clothes ???
greetings
"Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> schreef in bericht
> None of the objects I've downloaded are loading into the game. I've
> reinstalled the game and still nothing. Anyone out there know what to do?

Yep. Did everything and nothing comes up. No floors, walls, objects..
nothing I downloaded is working. I rechecked the files and they are there,
just not in the game.

"Drs. muts" <opzouten@sukkel.nl> wrote in message
> stupid question ;-)
> Did you install them properly ? unpacked them ?and then did get the
> installer file ?
> all downloads ? houses ,walls floors ,clothes ???
> greetings
> "Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> schreef in bericht
>> None of the objects I've downloaded are loading into the game. I've
>> reinstalled the game and still nothing. Anyone out there know what to do?

Then i dont now yet sorry ;-(
succes
> Yep. Did everything and nothing comes up. No floors, walls, objects..
> nothing I downloaded is working. I rechecked the files and they are there,
> just not in the game.
>

> "Drs. muts" <opzouten@sukkel.nl> wrote in message
> > stupid question ;-)
> > Did you install them properly ? unpacked them ?and then did get the
> > installer file ?
> > all downloads ? houses ,walls floors ,clothes ???
> > greetings
> > "Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> schreef in bericht
> >> None of the objects I've downloaded are loading into the game. I've
> >> reinstalled the game and still nothing. Anyone out there know what to
do?

Are you putting them in the right directory?
Are you unzipping each file?

may seem like silly questions...but you never know

--
- D
"Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message

> "Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> wrote in message
>> None of the objects I've downloaded are loading into the game. I've
>> reinstalled the game and still nothing. Anyone out there know what to do?
>>

> Do you have "Custom Objects shown in Catalog" enabled in the game options?

> Do you have "Custom Objects shown in Catalog" enabled in the game options?

Yep.

rico

"Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> wrote in

> None of the objects I've downloaded are loading into the game. I've
> reinstalled the game and still nothing. Anyone out there know what to do?

Are you using a pirated copy of the sims ?

Hell no. The first day it came out I ran out to get it. *still grumbling
over paying $68CAN*

"Rico" <BC@dt.com> wrote in message
> "Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> wrote in
>
>> None of the objects I've downloaded are loading into the game. I've
>> reinstalled the game and still nothing. Anyone out there know what to do?
>>

> Are you using a pirated copy of the sims ?

"Rico" <BC@dt.com> wrote in message
> "Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> wrote in
>
> > None of the objects I've downloaded are loading into the game. I've
> > reinstalled the game and still nothing. Anyone out there know what to
do?

> Are you using a pirated copy of the sims ?

Oh come on Rico :(

rico

"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in news:g-OdnYyQLfMX6XDcRVn-oQ@comcast.com:

> "Rico" <BC@dt.com> wrote in message
>> "Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> wrote in
>>
>> > None of the objects I've downloaded are loading into the game. I've
>> > reinstalled the game and still nothing. Anyone out there know what to
> do?
>> >

>> Are you using a pirated copy of the sims ?
>
> Oh come on Rico :(

I'm sorry I'm just supersticious I mean suspicious.

rico

> Hell no. The first day it came out I ran out to get it. *still grumbling
> over paying $68CAN*

Ok so we are narrowing down the trouble - What kind of 'game enhancing'
patches are you using ?

> "Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> wrote in
>
>> Hell no. The first day it came out I ran out to get it. *still grumbling
>> over paying $68CAN*
>
> Ok so we are narrowing down the trouble - What kind of 'game enhancing'
> patches are you using ?

huh? I think I have the nude patch and that's it.

Samantha, did you see my original reply to your problem?

> Do you have the color enabler from the simPE site? You need that in order
> to see some of the recolored furniture.

I don't use PE.

> Also, make sure you are looking in the right spots in the game.
> Floors and walls do show under whatever category the creator put them in.
> For objects, you have to click the type of object, then choose from the
> flyout. User-made objects will have a star (asterisk) on them.
> You may have to scroll in the dialogs to see all the items.
> Same goes for makeup and clothes, as far as the star and the scrolling.
> Ready made sims will be in the area where you create a sim, you just need
> click the button for a ready-made sim after you decide the family name and
> male or female, adult, etc.

I looked for them they weren't there. I know to look under "ALL" But not of
them showed up.

> > Do you have the color enabler from the simPE site? You need that in
order
> > to see some of the recolored furniture.
>
> I don't use PE.

You don't need to use PE, but you do need the color enabler to see the
recolors in your game. Or some of them anyway.
You can get it here...
http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml

> > Also, make sure you are looking in the right spots in the game.
> > Floors and walls do show under whatever category the creator put them
in.
> > For objects, you have to click the type of object, then choose from the
> > flyout. User-made objects will have a star (asterisk) on them.
> > You may have to scroll in the dialogs to see all the items.
> > Same goes for makeup and clothes, as far as the star and the scrolling.
> > Ready made sims will be in the area where you create a sim, you just
need
> > click the button for a ready-made sim after you decide the family name
and
> > male or female, adult, etc.
>
> I looked for them they weren't there. I know to look under "ALL" But not
of
> them showed up.

Could be that you need to install the official patch (maybe this is the
undefined 'problems with third-party-downloads) - but you won't be able to
do that with the nude patch installed. Check to see if the program you ran
to nude patch your game saved a back-up of your exe in the same directory.

MM

"Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> wrote in message

> "Rico" <BC@dt.com> wrote in message
> > "Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> wrote in
> >
> >> Hell no. The first day it came out I ran out to get it. *still
grumbling
> >> over paying $68CAN*
> >
> > Ok so we are narrowing down the trouble - What kind of 'game enhancing'
> > patches are you using ?
>
> huh? I think I have the nude patch and that's it.

I did not even install the patch, 1st one or 2nd one. But, I do have the
color enabler.

Samantha, bear with me here, what folders do you put your sims2 downloads
in?

> Could be that you need to install the official patch (maybe this is the
> undefined 'problems with third-party-downloads) - but you won't be able to
> do that with the nude patch installed. Check to see if the program you ran
> to nude patch your game saved a back-up of your exe in the same directory.
>
> MM
>

> "Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Rico" <BC@dt.com> wrote in message
> > > "Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> wrote in

> grumbling
> > >
> > > Ok so we are narrowing down the trouble - What kind of 'game
enhancing'
> > > patches are you using ?
> >
> > huh? I think I have the nude patch and that's it.

> Could be that you need to install the official patch (maybe this is the
> undefined 'problems with third-party-downloads) - but you won't be able to
> do that with the nude patch installed. Check to see if the program you ran
> to nude patch your game saved a back-up of your exe in the same directory.

It's the one that goes into the config folder.

>I did not even install the patch, 1st one or 2nd one. But, I do have the
> color enabler.
>
> Samantha, bear with me here, what folders do you put your sims2 downloads
> in?
My Documents/EA GAMES/Sims2/Downloads

In which case my help is useless. BG2 might be on to something with the
colour enabler. Are these objects that you have downloaded things that
originally had more than one colour in the game. Many of the latest objects
(specifically those that re-colour something that only had one colour
originally) need an extra download to work. Some modders placed a link on
their pages pointing to this program and others did not. If you go to
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=35224 this is (I think) the
latest version of the CEP and you should try downloading and installing it.

MM

> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > Could be that you need to install the official patch (maybe this is the
> > undefined 'problems with third-party-downloads) - but you won't be able
> > do that with the nude patch installed. Check to see if the program you
ran
> > to nude patch your game saved a back-up of your exe in the same
directory.

> It's the one that goes into the config folder.

rico

"Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> wrote in

> "Rico" <BC@dt.com> wrote in message
>> "Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Hell no. The first day it came out I ran out to get it. *still grumbling
>>> over paying $68CAN*
>>
>> Ok so we are narrowing down the trouble - What kind of 'game enhancing'
>> patches are you using ?
>
> huh? I think I have the nude patch and that's it.

Ah ... The nude patch ... naughty naughty.
Perhaps the nude patch is making the objects invisible ?

> "Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> wrote in
>

> > "Rico" <BC@dt.com> wrote in message
> >> "Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> wrote in

> >> Ok so we are narrowing down the trouble - What kind of 'game enhancing'
> >> patches are you using ?
> >
> > huh? I think I have the nude patch and that's it.
> >

> Ah ... The nude patch ... naughty naughty.
> Perhaps the nude patch is making the objects invisible ?

You nut, lmao!

rico

"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in news:EN2dnYNdVZlmm3PcRVn-oQ@comcast.com:

> "Rico" <BC@dt.com> wrote in message
>> "Samantha Leigh Tully" <nx-01@NEVERMIND.com> wrote in
>>

>> > "Rico" <BC@dt.com> wrote in message

> grumbling

>> > huh? I think I have the nude patch and that's it.
>> >

>> Ah ... The nude patch ... naughty naughty.
>> Perhaps the nude patch is making the objects invisible ?
>
> You nut, lmao!

I'm trying to eliminate possibilities, thats all.
I'm sure the OP realizes that I'm FOS.