Invalid boot.ini

G

Hi to everyone,
i have problem with my pc,before i had 3 partition c:xp,d:files and other was ubuntu so i wanted to format my c and reinstall xp i have reinstalled but i had problem with my internet connection,so i reinstalled again but after that there was only 1 partition i dont know what happened to other but they all merged,so i tried to install again XP, the xp is copying files and after 1 reboot it says Invalid boot.ini booting from c:/windows
and it does that everytime i tried another cd installation but i format and then copying filles and got the same error i tried also to install windows 7 but it seems that i can't find any drives to install,on Bios it does detect my ata HDD so i am stucked here i can't do anything because of error
thnx

Hi to everyone,
i have problem with my pc,before i had 3 partition c:xp,d:files and other was ubuntu so i wanted to format my c and reinstall xp i have reinstalled but i had problem with my internet connection,so i reinstalled again but after that there was only 1 partition i dont know what happened to other but they all merged,so i tried to install again XP, the xp is copying files and after 1 reboot it says Invalid boot.ini booting from c:/windows
and it does that everytime i tried another cd installation but i format and then copying filles and got the same error i tried also to install windows 7 but it seems that i can't find any drives to install,on Bios it does detect my ata HDD so i am stucked here i can't do anything because of error
thnx

XP: Enter the Recovery Console from the CD and fixmbr.

G

Solved,
so i downloaded gparted to usb booted,then i created a new partition NTFS because the old 300GB partition was Unknown format then i tried to install xp to new NTFS partition and it worked,
THnx to everyone
thread closed ;)