Which Motherboard Is better

Solution
If you want CrossFireX then rule out the 870 chipset board because it only has 16x/4x PCI-e lanes which will badly bottleneck your graphic card setup. The M4A79XTD EVO has more expandability, one more PCI-e 1x slot IIRC, and more SATA II & USB ports. If you don't feel that's worth $9, then the M4A78T-E would be fine.
If you want CrossFireX then rule out the 870 chipset board because it only has 16x/4x PCI-e lanes which will badly bottleneck your graphic card setup. The M4A79XTD EVO has more expandability, one more PCI-e 1x slot IIRC, and more SATA II & USB ports. If you don't feel that's worth $9, then the M4A78T-E would be fine.

Solution
If you do not intent on putting up a crossfire setup, the Asus M4A87TD EVO is the best motherboard of the three.. Not only it is based on a newer chipset, it packs in USB 3.0 and SATA 6 Gbps also.. It is also the cheapest of the lot.. However, if you are willing to look beyond Asus, i'd recommend you to go for the Gigabyte GA-890-GPA-UD3H

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128435

Apart from bearing the best chipset of the lot, this motherboard has all the bells and whistles and is a decent overclocker also.. Its priced similar to the Asus M4A79XTD EVO if you factor in the shipping for the Asus board..

JE_D

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010

Cool thanks, I was also wondering if USB 3.0 and SATA III (6.0Gb/s) is really worth it?

SATA III isn't worth it unless you're going to spend a lot on SandForce based SSDs which can actually use the bandwidth. USB 3.0 is I suppose worth it, but I don't think those devices will become mainstream until three years time or so, and by then you might want to upgrade your computer.

JE_D

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010

Cool, I think I will go with the: M4A79XTD EVO Because if I need USB 3 (I have no intention of using SATA III) I can just get a PCIE USB3 Expansion card.