Need a little help making a decision - between 2 ssds and a momentus

chedderslam1976

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
quick and dirty:
friend gave me two laptops to fix. brought them both, one rocked, the other i missed something and took it home to fix.

LAPTOP OF DETRIMENT + 3

i got a little sick for a good bit of time. he has been nice, but i feel bad. i want to make up for it.

originally i upgraded to a decent 500 gb 2.5, did a clean install of vista.

my plan was to gift him a nice ssd for his trouble, blow him away, yada yada.

so here is where i am:

laptop has vista installed, and i can take it to his house tommorow and be done with it.

THE LAPTOP HAS TWO 2.5 DRIVE BAYS.

i have two ssds sitting here:
intel 320 series 120 GB from best buy(yeah, not cheap)
Intel 320 Series SSDSA2CW120G3B5 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
and this
OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

I can also run to best buy tomorrow and pick either of these:
Seagate - Momentus 500GB Internal Serial ATA Hard Drive for Laptops

Seagate - Momentus XT 500GB Internal Serial ATA Solid State Hybrid Drive for Laptops - Silver/Black

we are talking a difference of a hundred bucks, which is not a lot towards marketing to get a little word of mouth, especially after flubbing the return date.

best move?

chedderslam1976

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
oh, and i haven't done a clean ssd install before, and was a little scared by the response to a question post about bluescreens on some of the ssds, though i'm not sure if that applies.

AND this is being flown to his daughter OUTSIDE OF THE CONUS, so this needs to work for sure once i hand it to him. there is no stopping by a week later because i missed something.

thanks.