My Dell Desktop

boafub

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Hello tech expert,

I have been using my Dell Desktop perfectly without any problem until my younger brother used it.When I switch it on;

it takes me to a point where I have to select either of the 5 options below:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Last Known Good Configuration(your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

I selected " Start Windows Normally" and it took me back to start the whole switching again.

I have selected all the options and the problem persist.

I really need to get the data on the hard disk.I need my doc and other files.

Please, help me to get my files and my machine working.

Thank you.

boafub

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Thank you very much for your concern,I appreciate it

Yes,even on safe mode my computer reboot.
and yes I have another computer to put the hard drive on.

What else can I do.

Your english is not bad

Yama310

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
Could you plug it on your other computer as a secondary drive? Do that, then perform a full scan of the hard drive with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (free) : http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

As it didn't work since your little brother used it, I think it's not a hardware issue (unless you don't have luck).
It's probably a software issue (like a virus/malware).

My little sister had this issue 2 or 3 years ago. She had a virus. Once removed, the computer started as usual.

Dell_Vargesh_singh

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Hi Yama310

My name is Vargesh and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.
This issue can be fixed .You will first check if your Hard drive has no problems by pressing F12 and select option for diagnostics , if it passes without an error code.Most probably you can recover documents by doing parallel installation using Original Genuine Windows Xp Discs . Detailed steps including step by step screenshots can be followed from this link http://tinyurl.com/a7lo3n.
Alternatively you can also call Dell Solution Station Department Phone number 1-888-257-6372

Thank you

Regards

Thanks & Regards
Vargesh
Technical Training Analyst