Ocz vertex 3 help

Tags:
  • SSD
  • OCZ
  • Vertex
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
November 18, 2011 12:16:54 PM

hi i am want to buy an ssd according to anandtech benchmarks ocz vertex 3 is really good and fastest :bounce:  ????

More about : ocz vertex

November 18, 2011 12:18:27 PM

also should i set it in raid 0 is it faster and are ssds reliable cause i don't want them failing after 1 year
m
l
a c 314 G Storage
November 18, 2011 5:30:57 PM

A Raid array requires two identical drives to work. If you are only going to buy one ssd, then do not configure for RAID.
m
l
Related resources
November 18, 2011 5:52:57 PM

you don't need two identical drives for raid. You only need two drives. People need to stop spreading misinformation. However, if you combine non-similar drives in a raid you will be wasting some performance or space (or possibly both). A poor quality controller may prevent you from using mis-matched RAID drives.

But none of that matters since you would only have a single drive anyways.

As for the model drive. They are fast and they have a decent rating on newegg. The Crucial M4, Intel SSDs, and Samsung SSDs seem to have better reliability though.
m
l
a c 314 G Storage
November 18, 2011 6:07:49 PM

nordlead - I was just trying to keep it simple. As you pointed out there could be issues when ssd's are mismatched. That's why two identical ssd's are preferred for a RAID array.
m
l
!