ATI Overdrive shut off?

Dougx1317

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
When I use ATI CCC Overdrive AutoTune, the screen turns into a spectrum with the ATI logo for about 30 minutes. It then turns blank. I end up having to manually reset the computer. When I the computer comes back up, CCC has it set incredibly high. From manual overclocking I know it could never get this high. Is this normal? Is there something wrong with my graphics card?

Dougx1317

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
A manual mild overclock will work in games. With anything higher than mild overclocks, Furmark will work but games will mess up. ATI CCC puts the overclock far higher than it will stably work.

One interesting point: After weeks of trying different overclocks, I've never seen any artifacting. The will work perfectly fine for a while and then the screen will freeze and go blank. There seems to be a fine line between working perfectly and having to manually restart the computer. Does this seem odd to you?

Dougx1317

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
ATI finally finished "successfully". It clocked my 4890 to 975/1150Mhz. The minute I click 'Okay' the screen messes up and I have to restart the computer. I had to boot in safe mode to disable the start up. The most stable I've manually overclocked it is 925/1050Mhz. I think that ATI CCC Auto Tune just doesn't work for me.