Forum about Monitors?

Emil3D

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
Hi all,
I'm looking for a popular forum on the internet dedicated to monitors and especially troubleshooting monitors. I have a problem with my monitor, but because I'm not sure if this forum is the most appropriate place for such discussion, before going on with the details, I would like to ask for advice for finding the most appropriate place to start such discussion.
Thank you.

Emil3D

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
Thank you, I'll check these links
However, my monitor is crt tube. I bought it about 7 years ago and recently I have some problems with starting it up and stabilizing the image. But once its starts and stabilizes, there is no problem as long as I don't turn it off, its picture quality is still superb and I can't find any TFT/LCD monitor currently on the market that can match the quality of my 7 years old crt tube. I'm using if tor creating graphics for print and it can match print colors perfectly. Unfortunately it appears that crt monitors are no longer manufactured and before throwing it on the garbage I would like to get some advice about my situation. I also plan to call repair shops after the weekend but I'm not sure if they still service crt monitors, so I decided to look for a place on the web for an advice.
I will greatly appreciate any tips.
Thank you

I might be able to help. There are IPS, wide gamut, flat panel lcd monitors made specifically for professional photo editing and video processing. They require color correction. Once corrected, what you see on screen is what will be printed. The down side is they command a premium price.

What size display and budget do you have in mind?

TFT monitors and accurate color are mutually exclusive....you'll want an IPS panel, the entry point of which is about $525 for the Dell U2410. I am typing from one now that my son uses ....he is minoring in photography in college.

Here's a review but don't take the criticism to sharply, these guys are very demanding.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2410.htm

Los of educational material on the site regarding calibration and other issues.

Emil3D

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
Thank you for the tips folks, very much appreciated.
I already had a plan to order Dell U2410 and I'm glad to hear from another happy user. Unfortunately I have to rely only on reviews and recommendations because there is no places around me that I can see one on display.
I will be happy if it closely matches my current trinitron crt.
Also, I don't mind spending up to a grand or so for something else that justifies the difference.