Memtest86 40000 errors

G

Hello,
i recently had too many applications/games crashes. I checked for any solution for my problem and i found out that most of the people to run this Memtest86 and i did ask they told. It took around 2 hours and it should 40000+ errors. Yes i am correct. fourty thousand errors. Ok . Now what am i supposed to do? just goto the vendor and return my ram or is there a way to solve this problem by me doing something about it. I am not good at these stuff so please explain things in an elaborated manner
Thanks
Vivek

G

Im using Dynet Company's DDR 2gb ram. Intel DG31 motherboard. I dont know how to find out the RAM timings and Voltage settings .

Two possiblities if that much of the RAM is showing up bad:
A: One of the sticks went bad, in which case you should get a replacement stick. Test all your sticks one at a time to weed out the bad ones.
B: Theres a lower-level config problem with the modules [voltage, timings, etc], causing one of the sticks to not function properly.

Test one stick at a time. If you still get errors, then the stick is likely bad.

vivekvivek45

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
hi guys.. I got the Ram Replaced with another ram .. now with the mem test i get 0 Error.. but still im facing the application crashing problems like world of warcraft and warcraft - frozen throne .. any suggestions ??