What Fan to Use on My Radiator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say the Xspc slim rad, is it the Ex or Rs?
Ex likes faster/louder fans and the Rs is happier with slow quiet fans same as the RX series
My Ex's have 2k rpm fans on but I lower the volts so they spin at 1k, haven't checked your link as I'm on the mobile at work,
*edit, checked, Gelids blue wing 120's push more air at a lower speed than those, and are about 10Db quieter :)
Check the cooling fan roundup sticky for those and other good fans, and remember a fancontroller can always turn fast fans down
Moto

locomoco321

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2012

It's an EX model. Thanks, I checked out their site and I can probably order some from Amazon, but I would prefer NewEgg. Are the Cooler Master XtraFlo fans good?

There isn't really an average, but I would look at 70+ CFMs. My rad worked really well with the Scythe Slipstreams that push 110CFMs but they were a bit on the noisy side. If you don't care about noise, you could look at those, or the stronger Scythe Ultra Kaze or Delta fans - they'll make mini tornados.

I'm unaware of any recommended Cfm>Fpi charts, but the general rule is more Fpi, more Cfm required to cool effectively
with my Rx (8Fpi) I have some gelids blowing at about 600Rpm, any faster is just unnecessary noise and my EX's seem happiest at 1K, but as mentioned they are Xspc 2K fans turned down by splitting two to a channel,
I try to go for at least 60Cfm regardless of the Fpi, but after that its a balance of Cfm and noise, if you don't mind loud fans, grab some triebwerks :)
Moto

Status
Not open for further replies.